Runner 3 improve battery life — TomTom Community

Runner 3 improve battery life

jggkinjggkin Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I own an Runner 3 and i like to go to long distance btt routes. I have a problen when using my device that in 7 hours the battery goes down.
I was thinking it would be a good idea for those like me or people who likes to do mountain walks for more than 7 hours, to implement an option to save position every 1 second as usual or 5 seconds in order to save battery.
This would be possible? this option really saves battery?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,461
    Superusers
    That is an option on the more expensive Adventurer watch and is one of the key selling features of that model so I wouldn't expect it to get implemented on the Spark watches as it would undercut the sales of their higher end model. Endurance sports is not the target audience for the Spark watches so this is much less of a concern for the majority of users and demand is what prioritizes changes. This is not to say they will never do it, but I doubt it, but you never know. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi jggkin,

Welcome to the Community!

The FAQ below contains some more tips on how to extend the battery life of your watch.

Watch battery losing charge too quickly

Cheers, Mikko
  • fontane77fontane77 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Im having fairly serious issues with battery charge. Last weekend, it was fully charged on Friday afternoon, but by the time I went for my run on Sunday evening, it was very low. It ran out of juice about 11km (50 minutes) into a run. I have night mode off, phone sync off, not connecting any sensors. Basically by lying idle, I'm losing about 80% of the battery in 2 days. Surely this cant be right?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,461
    Superusers
    fontane77 wrote:
    Im having fairly serious issues with battery charge. Last weekend, it was fully charged on Friday afternoon, but by the time I went for my run on Sunday evening, it was very low. It ran out of juice about 11km (50 minutes) into a run. I have night mode off, phone sync off, not connecting any sensors. Basically by lying idle, I'm losing about 80% of the battery in 2 days. Surely this cant be right?

It sounds like it may be a bug in the firmware install. I would start with a factory reset and if that does not remedy it, give Customer Support a call who can determine if it is a hardware defect and proceed accordingly. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).
  • fontane77fontane77 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Did a little test, fully charged battery at 3pm yesterday (just sitting on desk) with everything off. Battery about 20% at 9am this morning (this just on standby). Have contacted support and doing a return. Thanks for your help.