TTBIN files on Android — TomTom Community

TTBIN files on Android

Al13nAl13n Posts: 95 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
Is it possible to get copies of the .ttbin files on the new Sports app on Android? I know the procedure for the old TomTom MySports app, but I cannot find the files for the new app. I'm trying to copy over and make my gpx backups but can't find anything.

Comments

• Al13nAl13n Posts: 95 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    I'm using a Nextbit Robin, TomTom Spark 3 Cardio and latest version of the Sports app.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,051 Community Manager
    The files should still be in the same location on your Android device, only the name of the folder changed. Am I missing something here?http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20409
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,815 Superusers
    If they were successfully uploaded to MySports you can go into the activity and select Share and Download and download GPX files from there, without any need for the ttbins.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Jürgen wrote:
    The files should still be in the same location on your Android device, only the name of the folder changed. Am I missing something here?http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20409

I think you're missing something here -- I cannot find any ttbin files on my phone since the app change.
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    If they were successfully uploaded to MySports you can go into the activity and select Share and Download and download GPX files from there, without any need for the ttbins.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

I've maintained a backup of all of my exports (including ttbins) since my first TomTom watch, 3 or 4 watches ago and would like to continue my "collection". :) Starting to think that might not be possible, though :\
    OK, I found my ttbin files -- I had to use ES Explorer on the phone, copy them to one drive, and sync that to my pc. I've then tried double clicking the ttbin files on my windows pc to re-process them in the MySports app but nothing happens. Has the ability to do this been removed/broken?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,815 Superusers
    That was changed around a year ago. To force MySports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1. Exit MySports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files:
    3. Place the ttbin files in C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]
    4. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    5. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

Got it, thanks!