Problems with Rider 410 Bluetooth connection

Kim BachKim Bach Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
edited January 29 in RIDER
Hi, I have the Rider 410 premium i just bought.
But it can't keep connected to my bluetooth devices,
It disconnects and connects every 2 seconds.
I have my phone at my chest only 50 cm from the unit.
mounted above the dashboard on my motorcycle.
Any suggestions what could be the issue ? i have tried to delete the units and connecting again.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,019 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Kim,

Welcome to the forum!

I'd recommend you to pair the devices by first making factory resetting your Rider 400 by choosing Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data and trip statistics. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive. Then delete all pairings from your phone and pair the devices again.

Should this not help you solve the issue, please contact Customer Service for further investigation. They'll be able to collect the required details for reporting this to our technicians.

Regards,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• eldawidoeldawido Posts: 206 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    First please update your Rider 410.
    Then remove all pairings.
    pair mobile phone to Rider
    pair Rider to intercom (headset).
    Since the hoarse voice is not fixed yet, better not pair data transmision for traffic info.
  • Kim BachKim Bach Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Its working normal again,, thanks
  • LewazooLewazoo Posts: 1
    Hi Kim,

I have the same issue with my 410 and a Samsung A5. Which solution solved your problem? Deleting the pairings or factory reset?
  • GhiribizoGhiribizo Posts: 16 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I now have the same problem - but no headset being used just now.
    I need to pair the rider 410 to my phone for traffic data.
    This worked fine previously with iPhone. New iphone 7 - problem appears. Continuous auto connect - disconnect - connect -...
    Both the iphone 7 and rider 410 are updated to the latest firmware available.
    I've tried deleting all pairings.
    Pairing and reconnect is easy - then always the same problem. The only action I can think of is a full re-set on the 410.
    Not looking forward to losing all the addresses input for holiday next week.
    Is this the solution? Full reset?
    Ah "save and restore with MyDrive". I shall try that next.
    Resetting has not changed anything. Still the constant loop of connect:disconnect:connect...
    Stupid me for upgrading my 'old' TomTom Rider to a 410 so that I could get live traffic...
  • Bart95Bart95 Posts: 9 [Novice Seeker]
    See my post in another discussion. The issue is on the iPhone side
    I worked for me
    1 factory reset the iPhone
    2 Install the iPhone as new iPhone (do not restore from backup) and reinstall applications manually
    Important : Do not change the shared modem connection password (keep the default one)
    It works perfectly :
    IPhone 6 -> rider 410 (phone)
    IPhone 6 -> Sena20S (earphone)
    IPhone 6 rider 410 (Trafic info)
    Interesting Bart95.
    I feel we should not have to reset the phone and manually install all the apps. If that is the solution, it is far from a "plug and play" device!
    The bluetooth connection from the Rider 410 worked fine with my previous iphone.
    Interesting...
    My issue was linked to the password used for the blue tooth sharing.
    If you keep the default generated password it works. It was may be the case with your previous iPhone.
    If you want to test this, backup your iPhone with itune, do a factory reset of your iPhone, and test this solution.
    If it does'nt work for you, restore your backup.
    I did the test on 2 different iPhone 6 and it was 100% sucessful.
    Let me know if it works for you ... just to confirm or not my workaround
    For the test,
    enable your modem sharing on the iPhone 6 and switch off the wifi
    additional comment about IOS and this password issue
    It was working fine with the IOS 9.3.5 and not with the latest IOS versions
    Bart95 - very interesting.
    I tried a restore yesterday's stored data. Same problem.
    I then tried your suggestion. Initially after the full reset the 410 had found the iphone7 and said it had paired.
    The iPhone did not show the TomTom.
    The 410 did not connect - constantly saying it was connecting to a paired phone.
    Despite resetting the 410 and restarting the phone this 'new' problem continued.
    I did a full reset for the second time on the iPhone and again reset the 410 before trying to pair them.
    This time, the process was as expected and the connection seems to be stable. It has also re-connected a few times when the devices are switched off and on.
    Isn't Bluetooth fun ?

Thanks for your help! ?
    Ok thanks,
    works now as expected ?
  • Jeroen OJeroen O Posts: 9 [New Seeker]
    I switched from iPhone to Android; Ruggear phone. pairing worked for a while now it doesn't. Bluetooth switching on/off/on/off all the time. Did all sorts of resets and repairing, also factory reset of the Rider.
    No result so far
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Jeroen,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, we've got some similar reports. We're investigating this and trying find a solution as soon as possible. Could you also state your exact phone model and Android™ version, please? I can then add them to the ticket.

Thanks, Mikko
    My phone is a Ruggear RG 160PRO, Android 4..4.2
    I got the set-up working again last night but a new problem occurred:
    after pairing I can't log-in to my TT Services account from the Rider 450: "Oeps. Er zijn prolemen met TomTom Services. Probeer het later opnieuw" / "Oops. There are problems with TomTom Services. Try again later"
    Neither can I log-on to TT Services from my computer through the browser:

"Error with authentication

Something went wrong with authentication. Please try to login again with your username and password."
    Hi Jeroen,

The TomTom Services connection issue is a different one. Please, report it to Customer Service. They'll be able to gather the required details for our technicians to look into it.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Martijn vTMartijn vT Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi all,

I am experiencing the same Connect - Distconnect issues on my TomTom Rider 410 and my new Iphone SE.

Both of them are updated to the latest firmware/software versions. No other devices can interfere, the bluetooth connection between my TomTom Rider and the Iphone SE is the only one.

I have tried all the suggestions here, nothing worked.

I just tried the bluetooth connection with my old Iphone 5S again and it just worked fine. My old Iphone 5S also has the latest iOS version 10.3.3. With the 5S I never had problems concerning the bluetooth connection with the Rider 410.

In my opinion something happens like:
    - devices make a 'handshake'
    - one of them sends an illegal command, parameter or answer
    - connection is terminated by one of the devices.

In my opinion it is an easy to simulate problem, because lots of people encounter it.
    IMHO finding the problem should not be too difficult then when able to run the software in debug mode.

Regards, Martijn
    Hi all,

There are (at least) two different scenarios discussed here: If you can't solve your issue with disconnections with the advise provided here, you could try resetting the network settings on your iPhone. This is a rather aggressive step so make sure to try the other steps listed here first. Re-establishing all network and Bluetooth® connections has helped many to sort this out.

If you get an error message when connecting to TomTom Services, please make sure you have the latest software on your device. Resetting your password here may also help.

Should none of these steps help you sort out your issue, please contact Customer Service. They'll be able to get to the bottom of your issue and assist you accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko

Update: Added one more step for the 2nd scenario.
  • The engineermanThe engineerman Posts: 26 [Master Explorer]
    Please see this thread

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/iphone-connecting-and-disconnecting-1016772/index3.html#post1182932

Perhaps it is the same issue on a different TomTom device. See the later posts about playing music via bluetooth at the same time as having the connections to TomTom. Perhaps you could post back there if it works for you too.
    Hi The engineerman,

Thanks for share this here! The disconnecting behaviour is indeed the same on the car and motorcycle navigation devices.

I also added another step to my previous post regarding the 2nd scenario discussed here.

Cheers, Mikko
    I tried all these things: resetting phone, resetting TomTom, connecting other phones, calling helpdesk, resetting passwords, updating firmware and software. Helpdesk finally said "Sorry we are unable to help". Sometimes the problem is solved for an hour or so but then it starts again or the whole thing crashes while driving. Receiving a phonecall can be enough to make the whole thing go crazy while on the road. In my opinion it is all down to the bluetooth connection.
    Best option is probably to buy a Garmin instead. This is just an unreliable machine. Pity I spent 450 Euro on it plus another 400 on a headset and a new phone. Bugger.
  • The engineermanThe engineerman Posts: 26 [Master Explorer]
    Jeroen O,

Could I ask that you try a bluetooth connection playing music to another device, if you can, at the same time as you have the TomTom connection. This has cured the problem for me, and I am interested to see how it would go for you too.