Show average speed for a run?

rikkenet
rikkenet Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I really like the auto-pause feature as my run includes some big traffic lights, but I use speed as my main metric, not pace. I normally get around this by syncing with Runkeeper, but the new 'corrected' times are not synced. This is fine, but I'd still like to know what my average speed - is there any setting which allows me to see this on the TomTom app?

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,004
    Hi rikkenet,

Welcome to the Community & Sorry about the delay in response!

Have you installed the latest Sports App version 5.0.3 on your Android or iOS device? Please see the user manual here to know more about choosing the metrics on the watch to display: TomTom GPS Watch - User Manual

Cheers, lampard
  • rikkenet
    rikkenet Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    Thanks - yes, all updated. My question is on average speed on the run in the app, not speed on the watch. The app seems to only display pace with no option to display average speed.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    It bases the metric shown on the activity, so for running it shows pace and for cycling it shows speed, as these are the widely accepted metrics for each sport. There is no way of showing it on the app or MySports to my knowledge.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.