Clock and alarm? — TomTom Community

Clock and alarm?

Kim62Kim62 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
Hi. In the past I have been using Fitbit Charge HR. Right now I am using a Garmin Vivosmart HR. My wife has just bought a TomTom Touch, and I see that both the Touch and the app seems very easy to use. This just made me want a Touch too.
BUT: -The fitness tracker I have been using, has taken the place on my wrist, instead of the clock. One thing I have been pleased with, is the alarm function. Especially the Fitbit was very good, cause it had the possibility of several alarms. This means that i could have one set for 05:30 in the weekdays and another on 07:00 Saturday and Sunday. When I got the Garmin, I found out that i could have only one alarm time. This was a step back, and I'm really missing the multiple alarms. Now I have to set it, every time I change from weekday to weekend.
Now I want to buy the Touch because of the easy way of using the app and the Touch itself. Even though it is very similar in functions, compared to the two I have had, is does not seem to have an alarm function? How come? You have made a product, that is amazing compared to the other two I have known, but why have you left this feature out?
I have always used the vibrating (only) alarm(s), so I did not wake my wife. Now when I see you dont have an alarm in the Touch, I looked for a bigger model, and it seems, your GPS-models contain alarms. But only with sound AND vibration. And the way I see it, you can not turn the sound off?
Right now I decided Not to buy the Touch or any bigger models, because of this missing function! But if you did make a model with alarms (And the option to turn sound off) I would buy it right away, because of your "easy-to-use" features!
I see on other posts both here, and on the more expensive models, indicating I an not alone. We are many potential buyers that skip your products, because of this little thing missing in your products. Is it so hard to implement?
Are there others on this forum, that shares my opinion, or am I alone on this subject?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,574
    Superusers
    I doubt you will see an alarm, on the Touch, they seemed to be keeping it more simple and passive than their competitors by design, with limited settings and customization. I also think they are reflecting the current trend away from watches in general and alarms on watches. Today everyone carries a phone and many use that for their alarms, so it is less and less necessary on as watch. An alarm, particularly a vibrating one, requires more hardware which means the unit will be larger (the size is one of the main distinction from the competition) and have a shorter battery life (again, unless they put in a larger battery, making the unit larger). In my opinion they have balanced the desire to have a small, simple unit against the added features that would inflate the size and price. In any case, TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Kim62Kim62 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi tfarabaugh. I hear and understand your arguments, and I can easy understand your reasoning.

But my phone can not wake me up without waking my wife. This is why I think it is perfect, with the "silent" vibrator on my arm. And every other product that is komparable to the Touch already have the feature! But OK, TomTom has made this choice, and obviously they must to have enough customers, to exclude others.

I just hope my comment would be one more voice to take in consideration, when they plan to develop a new model. I am really sorry, I have to chose another brand!
  • FoldingLlamaFoldingLlama Posts: 29 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would also like to see an alarm via a "silent" vibrator on the arm to wake up. Also being able to tun down the litgh intensity of the display would be a nice feature.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,574
    Superusers
    I would also like to see an alarm via a "silent" vibrator on the arm to wake up. Also being able to tun down the litgh intensity of the display would be a nice feature.
    Since TT has left the wearables market altogether (mainly due to the failure of the Touch models) they are not going to be adding any more features. It is what it is at this point, I would net expect anything other than bug fixes, if that.