TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

External mic cable?

Spike241046Spike241046 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 29 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Hi everyone, first post so i apologise if I'm going over old ground. My bandit is mounted on my motorcycle helmet.
Latest software installed, mic goatee beard fitted and still sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel flying a euro fighter with the roof down. So I bought the external mic cover and for the life of me I don't know if im connecting it properly, its coming loose very easily and the mic i bought doesn't appear to be connecting, i tried the free phone headphones thinking that mic might work. Nothing!!
What mic should I buy?
How do you fit the extension cable? Why is it loose?
Please help I'm going crazy! Very close to returning the bandit for a refund.

Comments

• Spike241046Spike241046 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Cable not cover.
  • M'bikerM'biker Posts: 47 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    The external cable needs to be inserted at just the right angle (perpendicular to the camera) and then pushed in quite firmly. If it's in correctly, it shouldn't feel loose. It does seem to require more effort than you'd expect, especially with the cover getting in the way.

Don't forget that you also need to change a setting in the camera for it to pick up sound through the external mic.
    Hi M'biker. Thanks, can you advise what setting I use to select external mic?
    In Settings: General / Camera / Audio / then toggle between 'Camera' or 'Ext. Mic'
    I don't have that option on settings. I'm thinking the extension cable is faulty. Many thanks
    Those options should appear in your camera's menu settings, whether or not you have the external mic plugged in. The latest firmware is version 1.61.508