Speed camera update service not working? - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Speed camera update service not working?

Comments

• RubachRubach Posts: 244 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Keith1956 wrote:
    What about some compensation for the time we've not been able to update? A 6 week extension on the subscriptions would be a nice gesture!

A nice gesture? It should be friggin mandatory by now and the TomTom CEO should e-mail every user of the service and apologize for the appauling lack in consistency the delivery of the service has had through the years.. and still to this day has!

And what about customers with lifetime speedcameras? Will they find a 6 week exstension of the service a nice gesture or even remotely feel compensated for a service not delivered?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Customer Service handles all compensation requests regarding this. As indeed many of our customers nowadays have a Lifetime subscription for Speed Cameras, a mass compensation would not reach them. We can offer alternative compensations to these customers individually.

Cheers, Mikko
  • BchopsBchops Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

I'm happy to let you know that we've just released Speed Camera updates through MyDrive Connect :D

Unfortunately, updating Speed Cameras through TomTom HOME is still not possible.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this as caused you and thank you for your patience!

Cheers, Mikko

Mikko,

What is the latest regarding updating cameras via TomTom Home please?
    Hi Bchops,

Unfortunately, I don't have news about it at the moment. I'll post back here as soon as I do.

Cheers, Mikko
  • gembrain2013gembrain2013 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    So over a month and a big company like TT can't fix it? You're having a laugh aren't you!
  • Mr Fed-upMr Fed-up Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too have lost speed camera warnings after renewing my subscription and updating. Paying £49.50 a year and having reliability problems is not acceptable and I agree that priority needs to be given to supplying what TomTom have been paid for. I am also disappointed that after paying "top price" for a "top system" I am expected to pay annually for a service that is now offered for free on new units. I paid the same (if not more) for my unit but seem to be taken advantage of. It wouldn't be so bad if it worked!

When will this problem be fixed?
    Hi Mr Fed-up,

Welcome to the Community!

Your issue is not related to the one discussed here as Speed Camera updates through MyDrive Connect are working again. I'd recommend you to reset your device as advised below. Should that not help you sort this out, please start a new topic about your issue so that we can better assist you.
    [video]

Cheers, Mikko
  • Mr Fed-upMr Fed-up Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mikko,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the reset procedure you suggested hasn't worked.

Cheers.
  • Julia AllenJulia Allen Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am also having a problem with updating the speed cameras this has been going on for the last 6 weeks and in that time I have had to make various long trips without up to date speed cameras despite having an up to date subscription. The last trip when I was travelling from Kent to Scotland and back I was flabbergasted when I clicked on the support link on your web site to be informed that my device was too old to get support, how dare TomTom take my money for a subscription and then not give me support for it. I use TomTom home to get my updates, when will this be fixed and how on earth am I supposed to contact customer services for compensation when you don't show me the contact details? Very very shabby service from TomTom.
  • claretfcclaretfc Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have received messages informing me that my Speed Camera Updates are due to expire. I therefore paid the discounted price of £15.99 but I could not work out how to download and install said update. The website is appalling. I have asked for help from customer services but no response except a stock reply. Having looked at this forum I now learn that the update that I paid for does not exist and TomTom new about this when they took my money. They should have at least sent me an email to inform of the problem.
    I paid via PayPal and will try and start a dispute through them to try and get a refund. In the meantime I feel that it is important that this extremely sloppy customer service is exposed and that this is put out on social media for all to see.
    I will be paying Mr Garmin a visit.
  • BchopsBchops Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi Mikko,

A week ago I asked you what was happenning about camera udates via TomTom Home. Still no updates today. Would you tell me why it is taking so long to resolve this problem please?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,208 Moderator
    claretfc wrote:
    I have received messages informing me that my Speed Camera Updates are due to expire. I therefore paid the discounted price of £15.99 but I could not work out how to download and install said update. The website is appalling. I have asked for help from customer services but no response except a stock reply. Having looked at this forum I now learn that the update that I paid for does not exist and TomTom new about this when they took my money. They should have at least sent me an email to inform of the problem.
    I paid via PayPal and will try and start a dispute through them to try and get a refund. In the meantime I feel that it is important that this extremely sloppy customer service is exposed and that this is put out on social media for all to see.
    I will be paying Mr Garmin a visit.

I reviewed your account and I see the Speed cameras service you subscribed is active on your account and you should be able to download it using MyDrive Connect. Please see the steps on the FAQ here

Speed Cameras also get updated over the air when your device is connected to TomTom Services(Smartphone connected).

Regards
    Vikram
  • claretfcclaretfc Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram
    Sorry. I have tried and tried to get this working but without any success. I have gone through all the FAQs and done the smartphone thing and I am completely done with this. My device and "My Drive"continue to inform that Speed Camera Updates will expire on 12/06/2017 which is not the end of the world but we are going round in circles and I am getting fed up. I have a theory that this update does not actually exist but I may be wrong. Either way I have paid you £15.99 for this update that, for whatever reason you are unable to provide and I therefore require you to kindly reimburse me the £15.99 that I am out of pocket and then we can all move on. I have raised a paypal dispute and if we cannot sort this out I will ask them to become involved in a conflict resolution.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,958
    Superuser
    @claretfc

As this is a user forum, contact Customer Services to sort out your subscription or arrange a refund.

CS United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Hi claretfc

As per our logs, I see that you have installed the latest speed camera updates today. These updates are released every Tuesday and Thursday.

I have refreshed your account on our servers so now the correct date of expiration should get reflected in MyDrive Connect. Could you please check?

Regards
    Vikram
  • xvilamanyaxvilamanya Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

today, in my Carminat Totmtom Live, doesn't update the speed cameras yet. When will work?
    Hi xvilamanya,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, the issue I've mentioned above is still not solved and we can't provide Speed Camera updates through TomTom HOME. We're working hard to find a solution to this as soon as possible. I'll post back here as soon as I have news about this.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you!

Cheers, Mikko
  • parabooksparabooks Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    What a farce this is. You knew full well when you took my money that the update service wasn't working. All I get are stock email replies about file corruption when you knew full well that the problem lays at your end. To compound that I can't speak to a person due to the age of my unit but you're still perfectly happy to take my money for map and speed camera updates while providing sub-standard levels of service.
    Oh and the real killer? An email advising me to upgrade my 'old' 720 with a new model at a 'discounted' price. Not only do the likes of Amazon undercut your oh so generous offer but potential buyers may want to peruse customers' comments on these new units.

Stroll on.
    Hi parabooks

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I have asked the customer service to get back to you, they will be able to explain the situation better. Our team is working hard to get this issue resolved.

Regards
    Vikram
  • BigRed05BigRed05 Posts: 22 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi
    I too have not been able to update my speed cameras for a good few weeks. The same thing happened a few years ago and it took Tom Tom about 6 months to fix the problem! As now, they kept denying there was a problem , saying that the problem was not with them but with my device. They kept coming up with different solutions ,none of which worked, then wanted me to send my device to them, finally saying I should buy a new device ! Even after I had joined a similar forum to this, with people from several different countries, they refused to admit the issue was with them until, finally, after 4 or 5 months, they admitted the problem was at their end! I did have the length of my subscription extended-- eventually after a lot of arguing. Why Tom Tom cannot just admit they are experiencing difficulties and deal with it? It would be helpful , for example, if they issued a notice on either their website or on Tom Tom Home page. Absolutely rubbish customer service!
    Hi all,

We've now found a solution to the problem with updating Speed Cameras with TomTom HOME and just released the latest cameras :D

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and thank you for your patience!

Cheers, Mikko
  • BigRed05BigRed05 Posts: 22 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi . Thanks for the info. I have successfully updated my speed cameras. Now, how do I get my subscription extended to account for the 8 weeks or so I have been without them ?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,958
    Superuser
    @BigRed05

As this is a user forum, contact Customer Services to arrange an extension.

CS United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • tjattetjatte Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I still cant update my tom tom 500 i paid the 2jun and it still dont work
  • Shippy33Shippy33 Posts: 47 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I have a subscription to 2018 but still can't get any updates.