TomTom Golfer 2 and Windows XP — TomTom Community

TomTom Golfer 2 and Windows XP

EvilevoEvilevo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
I've just bought the above watch and I think my outdated Computer with Windows XP Professional Vsn 2002 Service Pack3 is not compatable to do the required downloads. Also I'm trying to load the My Sports Connect App onto my mobile which is a Microsoft Lumaa 640, I also think this is not compatable. Could you please let me know if that is correct.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,388 Moderator
    Hi Evilevo,

Welcome to the Community!

The TomTom Sports Connect desktop application is compatible with Windows XP operating system. Is there any error message while installing/downloading the Sports Connect from website? Please attach a screenshot or specify the error you're getting while doing so.

We do not have any Windows mobile application for TomTom Sports and hence it won't be possible for you to download the app on your Microsoft Lumia 640. See the public FAQ here: TomTom Sports app compatibility

Cheers,
    lampard
  • EvilevoEvilevo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Output folder: C:\Program Files\TomTom\MySportsConnect
    Error creating: C:\Program Files\TomTom\MySportsConnect\Uninstaller.exe
    Can't write: C:\Program Files\TomTom\MySportsConnect\VC_MergeModuleToMSI.msi
  • EvilevoEvilevo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    As anyone looked @ the error message above please. Could do with an answer and hopefully getting it resolved
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,388 Moderator
    Hi Evilevo,

Have you tried re-installing the Sports Connect software on your Windows XP computer? I would advise you to uninstall the existing the Sports Connect software from the Control Panel on your PC and download the new copy of Sports Connect PC application from tomtom.com/123 to install.

If that fails then get in touch with our customer support by clicking the 'Contact us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them. They can dig in more deeply than we can on the user forum.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    Evilevo wrote:
    Output folder: C:\Program Files\TomTom\MySportsConnect
    Error creating: C:\Program Files\TomTom\MySportsConnect\Uninstaller.exe
    Can't write: C:\Program Files\TomTom\MySportsConnect\VC_MergeModuleToMSI.msi
    Hi. Can you make sure Sports Connect is not running (using the Exit option of the system tray icon, or kill it from Task Manager). Then when you run the installer right-click it and select Run as Administrator to see if that helps.
    Windows is meant to detect the installer requires Admin privileges, but there could be a problem with on XP.

Regards,
    Stuart.