Customer service — TomTom Community

Customer service

ant38ant38 Posts: 18 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Travel lounge
I recently did an update of maps after update had no voices , when download voices they work ok when connected to the computer once disconected they vanish , am i surpose to have a tower in my car to keep the voice as tomtom tech are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard , or if someone can put tomtom tech to shame and fix this tomtom start60 this would be fantastic I may ask garmin for advice as tom tom cant or wont help ,once had your money TT are not interested at all even there CEO wont answer e-mail so that says it all if a ceo caant be bothered why should the staff , please help someone

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,346
    Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,906
    Superuser
    @ant38

As your START60 is not a WiFi device you can get a computer voice yourself, see https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/install-and-remove-voices-with-mydrive-connect-1022208

Then remember after each up date to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
  • ant38ant38 Posts: 18 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello thanks for the advice I have tried all what you mentioned still no joy,I think there is a bug or virus in there software as it worked fine ubtill the update , cheers
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,346
    Superusers
    Call support when open:
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    I called them 17/052017 and e-mailed most days but they and when you talk to someone they go through everything what they said last time its even been escalated and still no joy , cowboys I am thinking they are now more so with there been no contact plus I am due for a refund which has not come yet , nothing but netherland crooks they are unless they prove me wrong in which case I will come on here and say there not but untill then will keep persisting ,its really a safety issue as having to glance at the screen because no spoken words will be classed as driving without due care and attention if a accident happens , so if TT are monitoring this forum lets hope they get there finger out
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,952 Moderator
    Hi ant38

I see you have raised a refund request and as the customer service mentioned they have indeed escalated your case to the Finance team for an approval.

As soon as there is any update they will surely be getting in touch with you. Your patience will be appreciated.

Regards
    Vikram
    thank you for that but I still want the TT start 60 voices back as another family member is using that one , is it that difficult to solve if so why keep not say so or is this not TT policy having to admit there not on top and re still learning from the competition
    Had CS come back to me on this no voice and they have said quite a lot of people having the same problem and they are trying to get a fix for it as my refund for speed cam update I got that so happy on that score , but just hope the voices on start60 get fixed soon even poor old jane does not work ;(
    Still no fix for voice ? well its still the same if there is , we will start again as I think no one reads the questions correct ,I did update and lost all voices for directions did a reset no joy did as CS said still no joy , they download but don't stay on the TOMTOM when disconnected from pc , they work ok with pc connected but not when TOMTOM is not connected to pc ??????????
    still no joy how long does it take TT to send a complete operating system link so a complete format and reinstall of the Satnav can be done it cant be rocket science or is the Os top secret and don't want Microsoft to pinch it . come on guys enough enough or perhaps a 6 months life guarantee is the most any of your satnavs will last , disgusting from a multibillion firm ,I am glad surgeons don't use your technology or you would go in to have your tonsils out and end up with your balls been removed
    Congratulations TT The UK roundabout prompts have been updated and are a lot better thank god I got a TOMTOM GO 620 EU45 To replace my start 60 which has still not been fixed as regards voices are concerned , still waiting
  • Elwood BluesElwood Blues Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    ant38 wrote:
    Congratulations TT The UK roundabout prompts have been updated and are a lot better thank god I got a TOMTOM GO 620 EU45 To replace my start 60 which has still not been fixed as regards voices are concerned , still waiting
    In italian sounds incorrect
    Tomtom still no update or advice how to get voice prompts back ,I cant understand why when so many people have the same problem it is not fixed come on TT get your fingers out a good product been let down with incompetent software programmers and a general lack of pride by TT directors and shareholders
    Elwood Blues sounds good to me better than go over the roundabout lol
    Still not fixed voice prompts on TOMTOM START 60 not working TOMTOM ??????????????????????????? START 60 ITS NOT EVEN GOT OFF THE STARTING GRID LIKE OTHER MAKES , , Navman , Garmin , Nuvi plus other makes available , your not the only Satnav Company when my latest satnav goes pasted it lifetime updates ( lifetime updates means as long as TT keep doing updates this is why they can say lifetime because when they alter a product or bring a new on out this is there excuse to say we no longer support older ones ,they must think everyone in the world are thick and stupid apart from people in the Netherlands SO WRONG TOMTOM , It will be my last from this Incompetent rouge company
    Still not fixed for voice prompts on TOMTOM START 60 not working . why does everything take so long with TOMTOM , BE WARNED DONT BUY TOMTOM PROCDUCTS . CAR MANUFACTURES PLEASE DONT HAVE TOM TOM SATNAVS IN YOUR CARS OR YOU WILL BE LOWERING YOUR STANDARDS LIKE TOMTOM HAVE DONE
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,011
    Superusers
    Is it happening with the recorded voices too, or "only" with the computer voices?
    its everytime the satnav is disconnected from the pc , all voices work when connected but when disconnected they vanish , so unless I have it connected to a pc its useless .
    My problem has still not been fixed by TOMTOM This is 3 months after bringing it to the customer service , waste of time and effort ,
    my friend has had a Garmin for 5 years and not once have they had a problem ,
    as you caan tell I am not happy buy TOOMTOM products which are not fit for purpose.