TomTom Go Mobile licence - can i transfer my 3 years licence from Android to iOS? — TomTom Community

TomTom Go Mobile licence - can i transfer my 3 years licence from Android to iOS?

iDefenderiDefender Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
As subjected.
Is there any chance to transfer my licence from TomTom Go Mobile for Android to same app on iOS?
I have there 3 years licence and never be back to android.

Comments

• leypetcatleypetcat Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    No iOS and Android are non compatible operating systems. You will have to make a separate purchase
  • iDefenderiDefender Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Even TT CS can't do it?
    Nope
    I had a TT on a Galaxy S4 and when I switched over yo iOS I had to purchase the app all over again.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi leypetcat,

Sorry for my late reply!

The Unlimited navigation subscription is actually supported as cross-platform. By resuming purchases using your TomTom account with the subscription you can transfer your subscription to another phone even cross-platform.

In case you already purchased a second subscription, please contact Customer Service. They'll be able to sort it out for you :D

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK is very strange what You saying.
    I was in contact with UK Customer Service and i've been told that i can not move licence between platforms (i can't move licence from Android TomTom Go Mobile to iOS TomTom Go Mobile).
    I have to buy new licence.
    If there is any chance to move licence between platform please make sure You will let know to all Customer Services that they can do it.
    I still wish to get back my 3 years licence from Android.
    People on Customer Service are crazy...
    I was explained 4 times that i had 3 years subscription on android and wish to move it to iOS.
    They still do not understand what i want to do... sick.
    Hi iDefender,

I'm sorry to hear Customer Service wasn't able to help you. I'll get in touch with them to see if there's something more to be done.

Cheers, Mikko
    Problem has been solved over the phone few minutes ago.
    Licence has been moved from Android to iOS and no i have 3.5 year od subscription.
    This was made only becouse @MikkoK give advice and very nice lady have to accept that.
    Very big thanks to MikkoK fro advice.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,157 [Revered Voyager]
    MikkoK wrote:
    The Unlimited navigation subscription is actually supported as cross-platform. By resuming purchases using your TomTom account with the subscription you can transfer your subscription to another phone even cross-platform.
    If the subscription is cross-platform is someone allowed to register both an Android phone and an Apple tablet at the same time on the same subscription?
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,157 [Revered Voyager]
    tgold wrote:
    MikkoK wrote:
    If the subscription is cross-platform is someone allowed to register both an Android phone and an Apple tablet at the same time on the same subscription?
    Bump!
    Hi tgold,

Sorry for my late reply!

Unfortunately, I don't have information available about this and no possibility to try it out.

Cheers, Mikko
  • KlotarKlotar Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    While I can't confirm or deny being able to use the same licence on two devices/platforms simultaneously, I can confirm that when switching devices from Android to iOS, your subscription can go with it.

When I got my new iPhone 7 in October, I simply installed the iOS version of Tomtom GO, and signed in to my Tomtom Account using the same credentials as I did on Android. I expected to need to re-subscribe or live with the free km's but was pleasantly surprised to find I had over 2 years left on my subscription.
  • AlexporubayAlexporubay Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
  • Alex BlackAlex Black Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for sharing. If you have decided that your iOS app needs porting to Android, then this article is especially for you. https://artjoker.net/blog/how-to-port-ios-app-to-android-app/ They discussed every aspects of this process
  • hannahgerstaeckerhannahgerstaecker Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello tgold,

if you want to port your iOS app to android then you must be curious that how your mobile app can be converted to another platform. check out here you will get Ideas.
    https://excellentwebworld.com/app-porting-services/
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0