Pulse zones and optimizing your training on Runner 3

MalikBjerrum
MalikBjerrum Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I find it difficult to learn in depth about my new Runner 3 watch.

Ex. about the heart rate zones. What can I use them for and how do I adjust them for my purpose and goals?

Any suggestions on a good tool/app for proper planning of training; ex I want to gain muscle - how do I best use my watch to obtain this goal?

Hope somebody want to share their experiences. //All the best.

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 6,075 Retired Community Moderators and Admins
    Hi MalikBjerrum,

Welcome to the Community & Sorry about the delay in response!

Please see the public FAQ here to set the heart rate zones on TomTom Sports website: How heart rate zones are determined?

You can also find the different heart rate training programmes according to your personal needs for your fitness goals.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • Krzyzu011
    Krzyzu011 Registered Users Posts: 12
    Outstanding Explorer
    Above "Heart rate training programmes" are for runners, do you know if there are some similar do Bikers? Or we should apply same approach ?
  • gl00
    gl00 Posts: 965
    Revered Pioneer
    Krzyzu011 wrote:
    Above "Heart rate training programmes" are for runners, do you know if there are some similar do Bikers? Or we should apply same approach ?

same principles apply across all sports.
    Just keep in mind that your HRmax probably differs from one sport to the next, due to different muscle groups involvedv(efforts tests though will be similar, a few consecutive hill climbs at a fast pace after a good warm up will get you close to HRmax).
    in my case I have about 10bpm less HRmax in cycling than running, which has to be taken into account if you don't want to over train (especially if you train in Z4/5)