Issue with replacement Spark?

eiddamf
eiddamf Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi there,
I reccently received a replacement Spark music, as the band on my original device had snapped well under warranty!
I had only wanted to replace the band, and keep my original device, but the second party seller insisted I had to send them both for assessment. Following this, I was given a brand new device and accompanying band.
However, it has been several weeks and my new device is failing to track steps, activity, or anything (other than the time!) I can't understand how, as it is fully charged, updated and I received it entirely intact. Oobviously, calibration takes a little while to pick up- but when I am supposedly doing 0-8 steps in a day (despite some serious arm swinging) I doubt it is measuring anything correctly.

Extremely disappointed that I had to give up my original device (which worked just fine) when all I needed was a new band so that I could wear it and therefore use it-- to receive a product that doesn't fulfil its purpose at all.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    First I would check that the activity tracker is actually turned on. Go to Tracker>Goals>Steps and set a goal, pressing right to save it (pressing left will not set it). If that doesn't help, perform a factory reset and see if that helps (it will clear the watch and install new firmware which solves most problems). Finally, if all that fails, call Customer Support. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen). You probably should have called Customer Support in the first place, rather than going through the second party seller as they have much more in depth knowledge of the device (and would send you out just a new band).

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • eiddamf
    eiddamf Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Tfarabaugh,
    Thanks for your suggestions, I'm performing a factory reset- hopefully that helps!

Appreciate your assistance,
    Eiddamf