24x7 HR, steps & firmware version — TomTom Community

24x7 HR, steps & firmware version

torquegletorquegle Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
Hi, there's two strange issues on my new Touch Cardio (JDxxx):
- I've activated the 24x7 HR monitoring, but it doesn't work (no green light through all the day, and no measurements in tomtom sports app);
- it seems that the Tracker measures more and more steps (and distance) compared to what my tt spark 3 measures (2x or so).

Another strange thing: it reports firmware 1.38.00, and on the tomtom web site they speak about 1.40.00 version. No way to update.

I've tried to reset the Touch twice, but the issues remains as they are.

Thank you for your support. Cheers!

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,840 Moderator
    Hi torquegle,

Welcome to the Community & sorry about the delay in response!

Have you already managed to get your tracker up to date with latest software 1.40? If the latest update is not offered automatically in Sport Connect after connecting your tracker then please perform a Factory reset by following the steps here: Resetting your TomTom Touch

A factory reset will reinstall the software on your fitness tracker and once this is done, please give it a test run and let us know if it improves the situation or not.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • torquegletorquegle Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, lampard!

First of all, thank you very much for your reply.

What's a funny thing: I can't get my tracker up to date with latest software 1.40...
    1- connecting the tracker with "my sports" on PC, it's recognised but nothing more. No auto update messages or popups;
    2- I've done factory reset twice, but it seems that the tracker wan't update itself. It says version 1.39. Strange!

May be that the v. 1.40 firmware was developed only for the "old" tracker? I would say the model with the gray button for recognising body composition, that was removed with the new one all black, from march 2017.

Thank you again. Cheers!
    torque
  • mcaran1979mcaran1979 Posts: 39 [Outstanding Explorer]
    torquegle wrote:
    Hi, lampard!

First of all, thank you very much for your reply.

What's a funny thing: I can't get my tracker up to date with latest software 1.40...
    1- connecting the tracker with "my sports" on PC, it's recognised but nothing more. No auto update messages or popups;
    2- I've done factory reset twice, but it seems that the tracker wan't update itself. It says version 1.39. Strange!

May be that the v. 1.40 firmware was developed only for the "old" tracker? I would say the model with the gray button for recognising body composition, that was removed with the new one all black, from march 2017.

Thank you again. Cheers!
    torque
    It's normal for TT to end the support just after you buy the product. ;)
    torquegle wrote:
    I've done factory reset twice, but it seems that the tracker wan't update itself. It says version 1.39. Strange!

Hi torque,

This is strange indeed and not sure why it has been offered to you. I'll check this with the product team, can you just PM me the serial number of your tracker and email address linked to it?

Thanks,
    lampard
  • severinaseverina Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,
    I'm exactly in the same situation, I've bought a new Touch Cardio (JDxxx) , firmware is at 1.38.0
    but if I drill down in news I se 1.40.0 but it's not offered to me....even mine is the model without body composition....
    severina wrote:
    Hello,
    but if I drill down in news I se 1.40.0 but it's not offered to me....even mine is the model without body composition....

Hi severina,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you please perform a reset on your tracker and see if the Sports Connect software offers the new firmware version after that? Let us know the outcome!

Cheers,
    lampard
  • tt_gttt_gt Posts: 260 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    lampard wrote:
    severina wrote:
    Hello,

Hi severina,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you please perform a reset on your tracker and see if the Sports Connect software offers the new firmware version after that? Let us know the outcome!

Cheers,
    lampard

1.38.0 is the latest version for the non-body composition model (the Touch Cardio).