How to modify the route in MyDrive? — TomTom Community

How to modify the route in MyDrive?

MikeWazowskiMikeWazowski Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi there,

I've created many routes on Tomtom mydrive (PC web) and I can import them into my phone GO app with no problem! That was my main goal and I'm very happy about this!

On the other hand, I can't modify the routes either on the PC or on the phone!? Is this "normal" or do I missed something...!?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum!

How would you like to change the route? You can add, remove or reorder stops [GO Mobile user manual] easily in MyDrive. You'll have more options to change the route on your GO Mobile app. For the Android version, please see here and iPhone here [user manual].

For more information and troubleshooting tips for MyDrive, please see this FAQ.

Cheers, Mikko

Edit: Added the user manual link.
  • CornersrunsCornersruns Posts: 27 [Master Explorer]
    When you have made a route in MyDrive you can't go back and edit it, the only options available are rename and delete. (It would be useful if MyDrive saved the individual waypoints you used to make the route so you can go back and move a waypoint or add new ones, ). So if you want to make a modification to the route you have to start all over again.

I guess that would mean TomTom supporting Routes and not just tracks as they do now.
  • MikeWazowskiMikeWazowski Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your confirmation Cornersruns, that means I'm not crazy, lol!

But at the same time, that was my main fear because I've created 30 or so routes and now I can't edit them! :(

Note to TomTom support team: please guys give us the possibility to modify the route afterward!

Thanks all, I wil go back, I've rework to do now, hehe!
  • Campbell McCCampbell McC Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello from Oz. Yes, why can't we modify a route easily or add waypoints - such a pain to have to recreate every time .
    Why doesn't TomTom sort this out?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,976 Superusers
    Hi

If you have the routes stored in "MyRoutes" you can export them to you PC via a Micro SDHC Card
    Modify your .GPX routes even convert them .ITN files using the "Save As" function from the Free versions MyRouteApp or Tyre to Travel
    Then reload the files back to the device via a Micro SDHC Card (Transferring the .ITN files to your device via a Micro SDHC Card isn't officially supported by Tomtom but it works really well) :)

MyRoute-app.....
    https://www.myrouteapp.com/

TyreToTravel.....
    http://www.tyretotravel.com/

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

When PLANNING a route, for Your vacation, etc., You can be sure, it's not ready, once You start to create it. For sure this should be editable.
    Afterwards.
    On the other hand, the route I can "plan" in MyDrive... I can't transfer it to 410. ....
    It's visible in MyDrive, if I'll create a new "my place", it will be sent to 410, so connection/account is existing and the same.
    Now I'm a bit stuck with them.. how to remove those test places...

Back to the "planning" of a route.
    When creating a daily route... with this sw, I can't see a distance between two points????
    How do I plan a daily ride? Answer... use google maps in parallel. Convenient?

Don't want to complain too much... but this is not really usable.
    How to "plan" our trip for a week with a way Tomtom has given tools for it... I have to write down every stops (addresses) to paper, when not using a shortest/fastest route, write down stops between our daily destinations, and type them manually, while on the road.

Then, when we combine to this feature the fact, that avoiding highways, it's not possible to find a shortest/fastest route... You're in a deep s*** with this.
    Got to have a pile of a (paper)memos, in order to use a route, You want.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,976 Superusers
    Fin_ILe wrote:
    Now I'm a bit stuck with them.. how to remove those test places...
    Hi
    To delete a route in the MyDriveRoute planner hover the mouse pointer over the route you want to delete
    Then select the 'Dustbin' Icon to delete the file there's also 'Pencil icon' to change the file name
    70ce6e4b-9700-48d9-8fd4-77078a79524a.pngATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

I also ended up to a conclusion, that this sw/ TT410, is not created by person, who rides a motorcycle or plans routes.
    So, to create a route for my vacation, I had to send several "places" to 410, with increasing numbers. I just have to select the right one to where to go and when riding... as I can't select "avoid highway" AND find fastest route... well, I hope this unit will tell me where my goal is when jumping out of the highway.
    When there's some traffic jam or road work... that's an other story to push the button (size of an ant) with glove, while riding.
    I hope TT will hire some guys for coding, who'll ride by themself.

Simple & usable, is the answer, how the interface should be.
  • tuttlmtuttlm Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The inability to modify a route once you've planned it is RIDICULOUS to say the least. Seriously regretting changing from Garmin to TomTom
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi tuttlm,

Welcome to the Community!

As mentioned above you can edit your route in MyDrive. Since my previous post here there's now also the possibility to change the route with drag & drop. For more information and troubleshooting tips for MyDrive, please see this FAQ.

Please note, that MyDrive currently supports saving routes only as tracks, which cannot be edited. To save a route in an editable form, in addition to YFM's advise above, I'd recommend to sync it using the Send route to device option - before saving it. After syncing the route to your device you can save it to My Routes and edit later [Rider user manual].

We're continually improving MyDrive and I'll update the FAQ above as soon as new features are released :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • tuttlmtuttlm Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi. I can't seem to update them from the device and I won't always be carrying around a laptop or have data to use on my phone when travelling. Inability to amend route on the device is a big let down vs my Garmin.
  • ELTINOELTINO Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Very disappointed not being able to edit my routes on my drive, am planning a 21 day Scotland road tour and want to edit my routes to take in specific historical sites on each route. Have just wasted 2 days planning, would not recommend tom-tom to anyone. Making us plan routes with one hand tied behind our backs.

::