iTunes Playlist to Spark 3 upload

frostwa
frostwa Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Yes ive checked the forum.
yes ive checked the FAQ.
I have a new spark 3. new windows 10 computer. Latest version of the connect app/program on said computer. I have the latest iTunes (12.6) and have selected share library as per FAQ instructions.
My iTunes has several playlists and none show up. I cannot browse for them as they do not appear. There is no evidence of any playlists whatsoever despite repeated attempts, multiple restarts, resyncs, playlist creations, editing, setting checking and making a goddamn forum id.

Id appreciate any help on how to upload a playlist to my spark from iTunes.
I'm not a computer poweruser (nor wish to be, I just want it to work) so please use plain language.
If you reference a file type, file structure, or any other jargon I will not understand.

thanks

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,008
    Hi frostwa,

Welcome to the Community & Sorry about the delay in response!

The first thing you might want to check if the music is DRM protected, please see the discussion thread here in which 'tfarabaugh' & 'Stuart' explained the iTunes playlist addition on Spark watch: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mysports-connectappswebsite-389/loading-itunes-playlist-on-tomtom-spark-1013965?postid=1128397

Let us know how it goes and mention an error here if there's any while doing so.

cheers,
    lampard
  • TJ Tomtom
    TJ Tomtom Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    I have exactly the same problem except mine was working for the first 3 months of this year and recently stopped. Watch no longer recognises any itunes playlists. Playlists contain the same content as when they worked between Jan-Mar 2017 so I cant see how DRM Protected music can be the issue as suggested.
  • TJ Tomtom
    Neophyte Traveler
    I have this exact same problem. Please provide a solution. AS outlined above, this feature worked fine for me to begin with and Tomtom found my itunes playlists no problem. Now the playlists are not recognised.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,953
     Superuser
    TJ Tomtom wrote:
    I have this exact same problem. Please provide a solution. AS outlined above, this feature worked fine for me to begin with and Tomtom found my itunes playlists no problem. Now the playlists are not recognised.

At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).
  • Stuart McDonald
    Stuart McDonald Registered Users Posts: 759
    Exalted Navigator
    TJ Tomtom wrote:
    Hi. If you use the Submit App Data in the Advanced Section of the Settings page of Sports Connect (cog icon, top right). I will have a look at what is happening. Let me know if you do this.

Thanks,
    Stuart.
  • TJ Tomtom
    Neophyte Traveler
    Thanks. Most recent software update seems to haev fixed the problem for me. My itunes playlists now appear as previously and we are all back on track.:cool: