Activity History/Race/Pace ? — TomTom Community

Activity History/Race/Pace ?

dmsellersdmsellers Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
While reviewing the Activity History after a run/race, I noticed that the pace value (Running/Activity History->Race->Pace) initially showed "/mi" then changed to "--:--" (see attached photo).

What is the purpose of this value?
Why is there no value displayed?

Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,836 Superusers
    What mode are you in, is it a custom race or are you using the pace zones? I believe this is because you are racing a set time, so it is giving you the difference in time (+ or -), but I am not sure why it does not also show the pace.
  • dmsellersdmsellers Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    What mode are you in, is it a custom race or are you using the pace zones? I believe this is because you are racing a set time, so it is giving you the difference in time (+ or -), but I am not sure why it does not also show the pace.

The activity is a run using the Training/Race/My Sports selection of a saved route. I also see the same issue in bike mode when I race against a saved route.
    Odd. I would first try a factory reset of the watch ad if that fails to remedy it, call Customer Support. They will have more information about it than we have on the user forums. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • dmsellersdmsellers Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Odd. I would first try a factory reset of the watch ad if that fails to remedy it, call Customer Support. They will have more information about it than we have on the user forums. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

While I appreciate your interest in my issue, I don't know why I would blindly reset my watch before I understand the problem nor mark your response as a solution when neither of my questions were given an answer. However, I will take your advice and give TomTom a call.

Thanks.
    Your call, do what you want, I was just trying to help. A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in so everything is saved on MySports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and MySports is not affected. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.