TomTom is and having update troubles.

I have a VIA 1500 when I updated today I lost all maps. I have nothing but a start screen which is a picture of a palm tree on a beach. I have no touch screen either it just stays on the picture. Can anyone please help me with these issues and tell me how to get it all back? Thank you

Edited to add I found the answer about what device it is and now I need to figure out why when I go to Tom Tom . com that I am put on a foreign page instead of a US page. So confused.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,184 Superusers
    You can change the flag in tomtom.com to the US from whatever it was.

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
  • Traveling GmaTraveling Gma Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you, I actually thought it was dead because it would turn off if it wasn't plugged in so I charged for a couple hours. Then did the drum reset and I now have it all back. I also figured out how to change my country. I swear I perused these forums and could never find the answer to my questions until I asked for help and then found them on google of all places. Hmmm, you'd think it would be easier to find it on Tom Tom site instead. Thanks for the help.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,763 Superusers
    Hi
    Yes, I often resorted to Google search, then clicked on the link in google to open the post on this Forum

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'