POI's vanished after updating the VIA 1505

I bougt a TomTom VIA 1505 GPS in September 2011.  As suggested in MY tomtom  website I proceeded to download the map upgrade. The next day I turned on my GPS and find out that all the POI in Puerto Rico (were I live) where erased.  Proceeded to call the TomTom tech service center to get it fixed and to my surprise they just said that unfortunately it can not be fixed, that all I can do is add the POI manually, can you believe it? My GPS is useless after two months since I bought it. My advise, do not buy a TomTom !

Comments

• BogiBogi Posts: 940 [Revered Pioneer]
    Why don't you simply add your Pois again (MyTomTom -> add community content) ?

By the way, spamming across the board doesn't really help you.
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    See me also on www.pocketnavigation.de
  • laz45laz45 Posts: 846 [Supreme Pioneer]
    I get being upset about it but really now.Upgrading a map you can

kind of figure you may lose POI's and such.Why didn't you use the

Add Community Content feature to back up your poi's?
  • heribertorosasheribertorosas Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had no personal POI's, it erased all the factory installed POI's, main reason why I bought this GPS. If you download a map update that is suggested by TomTom, it is not suppose to erase any of the factory POI's, thats why I did not save any POI's.
  • laz45laz45 Posts: 846 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Ahh,That sounds unusual.Have you checked in settings?

Manage Poi's? It's possible that you just don't have them checked in the show poi's on map section.

I'm not sure I fully understand,but they shouldn't erase from a map upgrade...
  • FokkerDVIIFokkerDVII Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm with Rosas. My old XXL was many times better than this damn 1505 which I only got because we were expecting to travel to Europe soon. The old one was MUCH faster and more accurate, and easier to read while on the run. I'm thinking we won't be able to take it to Europe because it's way too slow and lacking in detail. Really disappointed.