GPS data from TomTom Bandit — TomTom Community

GPS data from TomTom Bandit

Jocke77Jocke77 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Is it possible to export the GPS data from a Bandit for example RaceRenderore DashWare to show the location or map?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,778
    Superusers
    Jocke77 wrote:
    Is it possible to export the GPS data from a Bandit for example RaceRenderore DashWare to show the location or map?

To my knowledge this is not possible, all the data is kept within the device for filming purposes. One of the moderators may be able to add more.

Hope this helps, let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • azzajcazzajc Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    What is the point of the GPS then? I was sold my device over a GoPro because I was told that it logged my GPS location and could be relayed onto maps.
    Superusers
    azzajc wrote:
    What is the point of the GPS then? I was sold my device over a GoPro because I was told that it logged my GPS location and could be relayed onto maps.

Did someone from TomTom tell you that or a store clerk? I have reached out to one of the moderators to weigh in and give a definitive answer on this.
    It was in store.
    Superusers
    azzajc wrote:
    It was in store.

They may have not known what they were talking about. All too often, retailers will tell you anything to get you to buy a product. If this is a major issue for you, are you within your return period?
    I'll keep the Bandit cos I do like it. Just a shame it doesn't offer that type of capability to partner with the GPS
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi azzajc,

Thanks for your feedback!

Currently GPS signal is used to determine certain metrics such as speed. For more information, please see here.

But as the device does save location information as well it might be possible in the future to do more with that data. I'll forward your feedback to the product team :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • rsr417rsr417 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is a lot of BS!!! I read almost every review on the Bandit and all of them talk about the unit having GPS. I recently purchased a Premium Package Bandit and I have been going crazy trying to figure out how to get the GPS information. Why the hell even use the "GPS" technology word with the product if you can't use it!!! From a company that is one of the leaders in GPS Navigation systems, why would you even use the logo GPS to fool or insinuate it has abilities that it does not! I have not reviewed the Bandit on Amazon and it will get a 1 Star and I may return it. The newest GOPRO has usable GPS for only $199. I am using my Bandit on my 2015 Ducati 1200S Motorcycle as proof on some idiot pulling infront of me or causing and accident. Without GPS I can't show the speed I was travelling at and the direction. I have a LUKAS 9700 installed in my BRZ and it does everything in HD with both Front and Rear cameras for $350, not $500 for my Bandit. I am going to talk to Amazon when I return from Mexico to see if I can return it.
  • video61video61 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    no gps : (
  • video61video61 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    just ordered one on the pretence it has gps.I'm not going to be a happy bunny if this is true come on tomtom !!

(TomTom Bandit – Manual Settings and Expansion
    Since the Bandit is an action camera, it doesn't have much to offer in the way of manual settings. There's no zoom, no scene modes, and no filters for underwater shooting. This is basically a point-and-shoot device. There is a built-in GPS, however, so the Bandit can record location information along with video and photos. This can be displayed with the video, although currently only via the iOS app.)

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/tomtom-bandit-review#yKpyTED72hD7xOmK.99
    Hi video61,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the review!

We now also have an Android app available :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • JWBaasJWBaas Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can you please mention when it is likely that we can expect to view the GPS data stored in the Bandit.
    Hi JWBaas,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, I have no further information about this, but I'll forward your feedback to the product team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Steve MoreySteve Morey Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have just had a read through this post and had a look around on the internet.

Eventually downloaded Google Earth and managed to import GPS .KML file to show route information
  • exgaeteexgaete Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    azzajc wrote:

I Agree! I hope to see where the camera was in different moments of my videos or photos!
    It's really frustrating...
  • M'bikerM'biker Posts: 47 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Exgaete - This is an old thread. There must have been a software/firmware update at some point to rectify this issue, as you can now export your camera's GPS record using the Studio software.