How do I have my watch constantly display HR? — TomTom Community

How do I have my watch constantly display HR?

michelle_7728michelle_7728 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I can get the HR to display, but after a while it decides on it's own not to display the HR any more and goes back to the main watch screen. How do I make it stay in HR mode until "I" decide to change it?

Is this even possible?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,819 Superusers
    It is not directly possible as the HR does not run 24/7. The 24/7 HR tracking is only taking a reading once every ten minutes (at 8:00, 8:10, 8:20, etc.), so there is nothing to show on screen. It turns the monitor on, takes the reading and then turns it off. It is not taking a reading every second like in an activity, or else the battery life would be greatly diminished. If you want to see your current HR you have two options, you can press down and go to Sensors>Heart where it will display your current HR or go into an activity start screen and it will show it there. If you want to view your actual HR in real time you would need to start an activity and leave it running all day. if you used gym mode which has no GPS running you would probably get 20 or so hours of battery before needing to recharge. Bear in mind that the HR stats from this will not match the 24/7 as the activity is taking 1 second readings and the 24/7 is taking 10 minute readings.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.