Mazda Build In Navi NB1 Connection not recognized — TomTom Community

Mazda Build In Navi NB1 Connection not recognized

slasla Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 30 in Built in car navigation
I'm trying to update my Mazda NB1 and the SD Card is connected to the computer. When I open TomTom Home it says that no unit is connected! You have any idea what wrong. Have tried several times with same result.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi sla,

Welcome to the Community and sorry for my late reply here!

This can be usually solved by deleting the loopdir folder from the SD card and re-initialising it by entering it to the NB1 again. Please, see the FAQ below for further instructions.

Mazda memory card not recognised by TomTom HOME

Please, post back here to tell us how you're doing with this so that we can help you further if needed :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • mamfmamf Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have tried to update as well with the same issue. There is no file named loopdir and I have followed the directions on the site and it still will not recognise the card. I have tried it a few times now.
  • marmalisermarmaliser Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am also getting the same problem despite deleting the loopdir as suggested and re-trying several times. No new loopdir is created
  • CJFosterCJFoster Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I am also having the same problem. No loopdir file located even after doing the steps recommended in the FAQ. To complicate matters when I call the 877 number I get an error saying the number is not valid. Looking for answers
  • klwinter56klwinter56 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. No loopdir file on the SD card, so even though the computer recognizes the SD card, TomTom does not.
    I learned that Mazda no longer uses Tomtom maps in their cars since 2015. They now have their own map service. You need to download Mazda Toolbox to update the SD card. If you have added Home Images file delete that file and use the toolbox. I complained to Mazda their site was very confusing not to mention that Tomtom still shows support for the maps.
  • Bob MauiBob Maui Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I also have the same issue of the software not recognizing the SD card even though Windows10 does. There is no 'loopdir' folder on the SD card. I tried adding the 'home images' folder but that did not work either. I'll try out this 'Toolbox' if I can find it?
    I kind of wish they had kept Tomtom because I kind of like some of the extra features like voice change just to spice up the system. But oh well.
  • Bob MauiBob Maui Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    The 'Mazda Toolbox' totally works. I wish I had found this thread sooner! Thanks for your help. Regards.