Advanced Planning on GO for iPhone

JcrespinJcrespin Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Does this exist on the new app? Can't find it anywhere. I have been a very happy user of the old app for many years and this has been very useful to me.

Comments

• PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 305 [Exalted Navigator]
    To plan a route in advance, do the following:

1. Select the Main Menu button to open the Main Menu.
    2. Select Search.
    3. Use the keyboard to enter the name of the location you want to use as a starting point.
    4. Tap the screen to get the map
    5. Tap on the icon
    6. Tap on use as starting point

Repeat the search steps to choose your destination, and then select Drive in the pop-up menu.

The trouble is that I can't get it to Play Route Preview, unless you're starting from your current location!
  • babyboxbabybox Posts: 51 [Master Explorer]
    it's cumbersome to do this. The old app worked easier. Also with the old app you could chose your day and time of travelling. So you could make use of IQ routes and planning to get an indication of the route and travel-time. The 'new' Go app doesn't have that function.

But again what's better in the new app? I only like the more modern look. The 3D builidings don't have any use.
  • JcrespinJcrespin Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the responses: I found it in the end. Not intuitive, more taps and less functionality.

This new app is going to take a serious amount of time to catch up on usability with the old one. Makes you wonder if they even bothered doing any user groups on this.

And 3D Buildings: so bloody what? Just useless and flash TBH to grab new customers who don't know real functionality to look for.