Tom Tom Runner 2 strap degradation after 2 months — TomTom Community

Tom Tom Runner 2 strap degradation after 2 months

StibyStiby Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
Hi, has anyone had an issue with their strap tearing after only a few months?

Mine is already showing a tear which will get worse quite quickly.

Also have tried to contact TOM TOM to no avail, clicking on the email links on the my sports app doesn't seem to work. Would be a nightmare having to replace the strap every few months. -(edited, have managed to mail now, hopefully receive a quick response)

Thanks in advance.

Stiby

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,835 Superusers
    I would take a direct approach and call them, as emails can get lost or sit in a queue for ages. Straps are covered under warranty so they should be able to help you. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • StibyStiby Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for the reply, I have managed to email them so I'll leave it a few working days then I'll try calling them. Would be gutted if the straps are of poor quality as I absolutely love my runner 2.

Thanks again, much appreciated
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,835 Superusers
    Some people have issues while others don't, I think due to manufacturing defects and user usage. I have used my watch daily for over a year with no strap issues, but I am careful with it and do not remove it from the strap to charge (which requires you to twist the strap a bit to get it in and out). I also may have not gotten a strap from a bad batch.