Just bought Spark 3 but can't do what I bought it for — TomTom Community

Just bought Spark 3 but can't do what I bought it for

SianhSianh Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have been using Race mode after putting on a pre existing distance to be done in a certain time. I would like voice messages to tell me if I am on course to reach my target. After 20 seconds I had one voice message in my ear and nothing else the whole (short) run. It also seems I can't be voice messaged as I run each km on the same run? If not, can the watch beep as I run a km? Thanks for any help

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,819 Superusers
    Voice coaching is only available in specific training modes, not in general across the watch. You will get the following prompts:

General prompts:
    Watch ready, Demo mode, Bluetooth not working when swimming.

Training Partner prompts:
    Zone: in zone, above zone, below zone.
    Goal: at 50%, 90% 100% and 110% of goal.
    Race: ahead, behind, lost, won.

So unless you are in Zone, Goal or Race you will not get any prompts. In lap mode or if splits are turned on it will buzz to inform you of a completed lap and show the lap or split time on the watch but there are no audio prompts for it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • SianhSianh Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you I have seen that standard reply. However I am not getting voice alerts on race. When and how often should I get them? Do I get them on all distance races? Thanks
    You should get them when you get ahead or behind the pace required to finish the set distance in the set time (essentially when you get off pace). However, the alerts may not be there on Custom Races
  • SianhSianh Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The only non custom race is 50 mins to do 10k. Does that mean I can't get voice alerts for any other times? Do I get alerts by other means of my progress?
    Under Training>Race you should see Recent, which allows you to race recent runs, MySports, which you set up on MySports and sync to the watch (there should be a half dozen or so on here by default), and Create, which allows you to specify a time and distance. In any case, all it will prompt you to do is speed up or slow down to stay on pace, it will not give you readouts of your splits, distance, time or anything else.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.