TomTom Touch Cardio needs syncing after less than two days — TomTom Community

TomTom Touch Cardio needs syncing after less than two days

Bob the archBob the arch Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
I have had the Touch since 15th March 2017 and initially the battery lasted about 4 days and synced with my iPhone 4S OK. TomTom then released a software upgrade v.1.40.0 and since then it looses sync in less than two days and you lose your data when you plug in to re-sync it with the iPhone.
Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,398
    Superusers
    How is it losing sync in two days as there is no time element to syncing? Do you mean the battery is only lasting for 2 days or that the GPS QuickFix file is requiring updating in two days? For the GPS file, the data is only good for three days so you so want to sync at least every three days to keep it updated. In any case, you should not lose data in between syncing or something is wrong with the device.

You probably want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Bob the archBob the arch Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Hi
    The battery was lasting at least 4 days but the band would not sync with my iPhone after about a day and a half. This didn't happen before the software update and I am suspicious that if power saving has been improved, the Bluetooth signal strength may drop off as the band battery runs down - just an idea!

I have tried your suggestion and also had to "Forget the device" in my iPhone before it would re-sync with the band. So far so good but I won't know if it has worked for about 4 days - will get back to you!

Cheers
    Me again,
    Everything seemed to be OK until I lost sync with my iPhone today and had to "Forget" the Touch and then re-sync it again. This would be OK if I always had access to my desktop but I am about to go abroad for two weeks with just my iPhone, so won't be able to re-synch until I come back.
    Not a very clever system really - needs to be independent of desktop/laptop.
    Cheers
    I am about to give up and return the Touch to TomTom - it keeps losing sync after about two days. It is ridiculous that it can't be re-synched without plugging it into a desktop/laptop - this is either a major design fault or policy decision which can only really be down to TomTom wanting to collect mega-data on users. Otherwise why can't it just be re-synched directly to an iPhone?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,914 Moderator
    Hi Bob the arch,

Welcome to the Community!

We just released version 4.0.1 of the Sports app for iOS. Can you please install the update via App store and see if the same behavior persists?

Please make sure to forget the device from the Bluetooth settings of your iPhone before pairing it again. Let us know the outcome!

cheers,
    lampard