How do I download Lifetime maps?

I have battled to do an update on my Tom-Tom Via 130, but since it was working well I havent bothered. I did keep getting notifications of how many months my maps were out of date, so was able to update from feed back on the forum. I have done a complete factory reset and my Tom-Tom keeps switching off, cannot read where I am or battles to find a signal.
Vishwas at technical support says that unless I produce a photograph of the gps box to prove that I have lifetime maps he can't help me.
I went to a large outlet store today who sell Tom-Tom and they have never heard of this needing to produce proof by producing the box. I have produced a photograph of receipt of purchase and they seem to think that this should suffice. As I have pointed out to Vishwas, Lifetime maps was the selling point. The tech support from Tom-Tom is pathetic. Please could someone from Tom-Tom with a desire to help get hold of me. Lost with Tomtom.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,487 TomTom Moderator
    HI Jennystomtom

Welcome to the community:)

I have sent a heads up to the customer service about this. So someone will be getting in touch with you for further assistance.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.