TomTom Go Mobile 1.8 available

[Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
What's New in Version 1.8

- Plan Stops on Route: You can now add stops to your route, then easily reorder or remove them. To add a stop, tap on your route or select Add Stop to Route in the current route menu. Stops are shown in the route bar, together with the distance to the next stop.

Comments

• PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 311 [Supreme Pioneer]
    And that's all for version 1.8! One single feature.

With TomTom's self imposed deadline of September 2017 for the end of life of the original iOS app I was hoping for a lot more features to be added in each version update and for the release of new updated versions to be much more frequent!
  • Clint989Clint989 Posts: 41 [Outstanding Explorer]
    OK. It's good that the Go App finally has the basic functionality to allow it to act as a Sat Nav device - i.e., the ability to tell it the route you are going to drive rather than some random route of its choosing.

But, now could TomTom please make it usable. TomTom has the best traffic information going, but the new Go interface doesn't allow you to see it. What's the logic in having the traffic route displayed in a bunch of colour-coded, fat blobs, that innevitably overlap each other so that you can't see them? What was wrong with the old-style colour-coded strip that scales to however long your route is and however many incidents there are?

Also, not only can you not see the blobs, but there is no way of scrolling through them. Again, the old IOS app excelled at this also.

Also, red text on a black backgroung is a virtually invisible, so naturally TomTom chose it as the means of showing the total traffic delay. Can we have the option to make it visible if we want to?

Also...the old IOS app allows you to see how far away each traffic incident is, how long it is in distance, and how long a delay it is. The new Go app doesn't allow most of this.

Oh well...
  • jelle1970jelle1970 Posts: 93 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Also, red text on a black backgroung is a virtually invisible

I sent a picture of this to TomTom customer support in 2016. Still not changed in the software. We gave feedback to TomTom. But the developers seems not interrested in feedback.
  • SoundieSoundie Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Red text on black background?
    Where?

If i click on any "colour coded blob" i get a description of whats the situation...
    If i head for a queue on my route - information about possible routes and how much delays there are approx.
  • ThroySThroyS Posts: 50 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Serious lagging when using app to look up addresses through the contact option, it's always been there but never tried it for awhile until now and it's trying to low for over a 2 mins now
  • SoundieSoundie Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Strange.
    Phone searches my contacts with 0-second delay.
    Are you sure you allowed TomTom Go to access phone contacts?
  • ThroySThroyS Posts: 50 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    It's all setup correctly just tried again and it's taking over a minute now

iOS 10.3.1 iPhone 7+ 256gb
  • MVCMVC Posts: 44 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Double Roundabout announcements still not fixed yet TomTom close my support cases!!!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback here!

Here's also my (late) announcement :D Let's continue there.

@ MVC: Customer Service cases are automatically closed if there's no response from the customer within three days. The investigation into the issue, however, is still under investigation.

Cheers, Mikko
  • tsyretttsyrett Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Loving the Add A Stop (finally) but it would be even more useful, to me at least, if Recent Destinations were an option for it.