Using Runner 3 in conjunction with Touch — TomTom Community

Using Runner 3 in conjunction with Touch

Tinker0815Tinker0815 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi All,

I have been using a Runner 3 watch with Cardio for a while now for running. I am intrigued to try some 24/7 tracking as well, but find the Runner 3 too bulky to wear day/night. So I am planning to get a TomTom touch in addition, and:

- wear the Touch 24/7, except
- when I go running, I would take off the Touch and use the Runner 3 (for GPS tracking and music), then
- take the Runner 3 off at the end of the run and put the Touch back on

Both devices should then synchronise with my TomTom Sports app or TomTom Website.

Would this work? Or would the software get confused?

Many thanks for your advice!
Thorsten

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,836 Superusers
    This is what I do and it will work fine, just make sure to plug the Touch in when it is not begin used so it will not detect you as sleeping. When you register the Touch just use the same email and login credentials as your Spark and it will put it on the same account. You can also just leave the Touch on 24/7 even when running and it will pick up the extra steps and activity from the running as well (and you won't have to remember to switch the 24/7 tracking on and off on the Runner3.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Tinker0815Tinker0815 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the answer, that is very useful to know. Also interesting that you suggest to just keep the Touch on during running. Would this not lead to double counting of activity if I wear the Runner 3 and download from it (i.e. to see heart rate vs elevation/distance etc, which I wont get from the Touch?)

I supposed I could actually create a different account for the touch and keep it completely separate, and always wear the touch, also during running ...

Many thanks,
    Thorsten
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,836 Superusers
    No double counting, because sports activities and 24/7 tracking are completely different systems. As long as the activity tracker is not active on the Spark 3 it will not double count. The sports activities are visible on the Activities tab and the 24/7 data is visible on the Progress tab.
  • Tinker0815Tinker0815 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks again for a very useful reply!