TomTom GO Mobile isn't a free replacement

GsbGsb Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
Since tomtom on iOS will be not updated from September, why has tomtom not given a free lifetime subsription to those who paid for the old app ? ( in my case tomtom Europe and Australia )

This would certainly have taken some of the sting out of the replacement with a substandard product.....

But I guess you don't make money out of customer service.

Comments

• RJantzRJantz Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I think I have a reason why TomTom is dropping support, although, for the life of me, I have no idea why they flat out will not just say this...my guess is that we think we are too stupid. I'm in IT and track a lot of this kind of stuff so this is why I think I have put 2 and 2 together. In September iOS will update to iOS version 11 and starting with version 11, iOS will no longer support 32-bit apps. I suspect that the old version of TomTom is a 32-bit app and is nearing end of life. Which means that, TomTom GO probably had some routines not easily updated to 64-bit. Not sure why they didn't start doing this conversion sooner and why they won't come out and tell us why they have shoved this "Un-ready" version on to the masses? Since no one will fess up, these are just my assumptions and deductions at this point.