Via 1515 problems- Loosing GPS signal

Hi! My Via 1515 doesn't work anymore. It keeps losing the GPS signal. I updated it with the latest software version, still nothing, the problem persists. Can anyone help me? Tkx

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,549 Superuser
    @Alex Iuga

Remember after each up date to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • Alex IugaAlex Iuga Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Nial - I will try to see if it works
  • mpare49mpare49 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    For the last week or so, I have been having the same problem as the original poster. The device has a difficult, if not impossible, time to find the satellites and determine the device's location. Despite the fact that the device is fully updated and I have done the recommended soft reset, it still cannot locate the satellites. I like the device, when it's working, and given that it isn't that old, it shouldn't be failing like this. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,186 Superusers
    Battery fully charged? When last did you connect to MyDriveConnect for a gpsfix file?
  • mpare49mpare49 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The battery is fully charged. The latest updates were installed within the last 24 hours and that included the latest gpsfix.