GO Mobile (iOS): Remaining distance and time information (route bar)

PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 302 [Exalted Navigator]
I like to have every piece of journey information available all the time in its own unique position on the screen so that when I glance at the screen I can immediately find the information that I require. Can remaining distance and remaining time please have permanent positions on the screen so that we don’t have to wait for them to switch?

This is requested not only for ease of use but also for safety reasons.

Regards,

Comments

• RJantzRJantz Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I couldn't agree more, especially since they put it all on the screen in the old version. Makes no sense to take it away. If they want to give us choice, give us the choice of having it all on the screen or not having it all on the screen at the same time. I asked support this question and their answer was not all that helpful or logical...but here it is anyway:

"When designing the new app, we wanted a user friendly and safe UI, and in some places we decided to remove information (compared to the previous generation products) to achieve that. In this case, we used previous user feedback which showed that most customers like to see either the time left to the destination, or the distance left to the destination. So we decided to leave it up to the customer to decide which of the two has preference. The starting point is the default behaviour of alternating between the two. As with all design choices however, it’s a compromise. We can take feedback from our customers, including you, into account when we design the next feature or product."

I think they would rather have us crash into something while we're looking at the screen...waiting for it to change to the relevant information.

Randy
  • babyboxbabybox Posts: 51 [Master Explorer]
    I totally agree!