iOS GO Mobile: Speed and instruction panels difficult to read (of planned route screen)

PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 305 [Exalted Navigator]
I have found that the speed and instruction panels are hard to read, especially in bright sunshine, even with the iPhone screen brightness set to maximum.

The problem is that both the speed and instruction panels are semi-transparent, with the background screen visible through the panels.

I would like to see both the speed and instruction panels changed so that they are 100% solid colour, preferably with white background and black text to make the information easier to read.

The ability for the end user to increase the size of the speed and instruction panels would also be very useful.

Regards,

Comments

• RJantzRJantz Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I agree that it would be helpful if we gave TomTom constructive feedback, but I hardly consider it my responsibility. They are creating something that they are banking on, that we'll like. If they fail at that (which they currently are), then we all will vote with our pocketbook and look elsewhere for something that meets our needs. I have been faithful to TomTom since they moment it hit the App Store. TomTom has, IMO, been the leader by a very large margin. My continued problem is that they are not replicating the "best-in-class" product that they currently have. There is NO reason for them to push this product on us, until it is ready. There is no way that TTG will be anywhere close to an "Equal" to the current TomTom Navigation App by September...so why? No one, at very high levels has yet to answer that for me...at least not with an answer that holds water.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 305 [Exalted Navigator]
    RJantz wrote:
    I agree that it would be helpful if we gave TomTom constructive feedback, but I hardly consider it my responsibility. They are creating something that they are banking on, that we'll like.
    But if we don't let TomTom know what we regard of as problems then they'll just blindly assume that everybody likes their products.
    RJantz wrote:
    I have been faithful to TomTom since they moment it hit the App Store. TomTom has, IMO, been the leader by a very large margin.
    I've had TomTom SatNav products since 2003 (Pocket PC, PNDs, iOS app) so I know how innovative TomTom used to be and what they're like now.

Whilst TomTom is still my preferred SatNav (old iOS app not current version of GO Mobile) it isn't my only SatNav. I may be vocal in reporting the changes that I (and I presume some others) wish to see but I am aware how TomTom is, so whilst I'd rather keep with TomTom, I continue to use a number of the other SatNav apps on my iPhone. If GO Mobile is no better by September 2017 then I will just start using other SatNav apps in the knowledge that at least TomTom can't say that we (the users) didn't give them feedback.

But hey, TomTom know what they're doing and I'm sure everything will be OK in the end! ;) :cool: