Danstar Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Can I upgrade my Spark to Spark3?

Comments

• elbo
    elbo Registered Users Posts: 49
    Apprentice Traveler
    Except for navigation, your Spark is already identical to the Spark 3. You cannot upgrade the navigation, because your Spark is missing some hardware; an electronic compass. Without a compass, the navigation can only point you in the correct direction when your moving.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    elbo is correct, there are hardware limitations to upgrading. And in any case it would make no business sense for TT to allow this, as the Spark3 is a newer and more expensive device and if they allowed you to upgrade it would undercut the sales of the Spark3. People could go buy a cheaper Spark (new or used) and then upgrade it, so why bother to get a Spark3? The added features on the 3 are there to entice people to pay for the upgrade or buy their first TT watch. And trying to allow users to purchase upgrades would be very difficult to administer and likely more trouble than it is worth.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Danstar
    Danstar Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for the reply's