What should be displayed on 7" Citroen flair screen? — TomTom Community

What should be displayed on 7" Citroen flair screen?

dsnoirdsnoir Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 31 in Built in car navigation
I have just bought a New shape C3, from Roy Tolley, the TomTom Traffic sign comes up in the lower right corner, so all seems well. However on my ancient TomTom device it shows the road speed limit and my current speed, as does the Android App ( and the Sygic App. as it happens) the unit in the C3 does not, it tells me that I am 43' above sea level, but no actual speed info. Am I asking too much, for it to replicate a 5 year old unit?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,369 TomTom Moderator
    Hi dsnoir

Welcome to the community :)

We provide software and maps but the device is unfortunately not supported by TomTom, perhaps you can contact the car dealer to pass on the feedback.

Regards
    Vikram
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 961 [Revered Pioneer]
    dsnoir wrote:
    Am I asking too much, for it to replicate a 5 year old unit?
    I think you are, if the Renault replacement for Carminat is anything to go by! Progress seems to be backwards - have you looked at the "new" replacements for your old device? They too do not replicate a 5 year old unit.
  • dsnoirdsnoir Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had assumed that speed limits and the speed of the car would be a function of the software.
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 961 [Revered Pioneer]
    I'm afraid that if you want it to have the functionality of your old device, you will be disappointed.

See if you can find a manual or user guide and study it to see what you can learn. But I repeat my first comment that I reckon you're asking too much.
  • Deep SouthDeep South Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I also have a new C3, and it is a shame that the Tomtom Satnav & the C3 systems aren't completley integrated; I think this might be due to the fact the C3 comes as standard with speed limit recognition, so you can get the current speed limit (as read from the roadside signs) on the main dashboard display under the speed display - it is one of the options you can choose to display like trip info, etc. You can also use this to get the cruise control to "reset" to the current speed limit quite easily. The manual does make it sound complicated but try it a couple of times and it is actually straightforward.

I also have a Go 6100 and it is a shame that the speed limits aren't displayed on the main screen in C3 in the same way as the 6100 shows them.