TomTom GO on Android 6.0- Error-Sorry GO has stopped... — TomTom Community

TomTom GO on Android 6.0- Error-Sorry GO has stopped...

Daveb85Daveb85 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
Just installed TomTom on Android 6.0 and every time I start the app it says "Sorry GO has stopped". Haven't even got to download a map. The tablet is identical to my previous one (that I stood on) except that was Android 4.4.2 so I am confident that the hardware isn't an issue.
Anyone else experienced issues with 6.0
Tx

Comments

• IanS100IanS100 Posts: 302 [Supreme Navigator]
    I've been running Android 6 for quite a while and haven't had any problems with TomTom loading, I have lots of other TomTom problems mind, but that's another story!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend you first to restart our phone and try again. Should this not help you get this sorted, please re-install the app.

Do you have the app installed on an SD card?

Please, post back here if this doesn't help you get this sorted so that we can help you further :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • Daveb85Daveb85 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks for reply. First thing, I am using a tablet not a phone so I was concerned when the app required permission to access the phone! I have restarted and re-installed the app a number of times. I installed the app to the internal memory and removed my SD card just in case.
    Regards
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for coming back!

The app is optimised to run on devices with screen sizes of up to 7 inches. So that might be causing your issue. I'd recommend you to check with Customer Service if they have further suggestions for you.

Cheers, Mikko
    As I said in my opinion the app worked fine on identical hardware running Android 4.4.2. Same size screen and every else. Only differences are version of Android and maybe the latest TomTom Go 4.16?
    Predictive text changed my last entry. It should read " as I said in my original post"
  • YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Daveb85 wrote:
    Thanks for reply. First thing, I am using a tablet not a phone so I was concerned when the app required permission to access the phone! I have restarted and re-installed the app a number of times. I installed the app to the internal memory and removed my SD card just in case.
    Regards
    Dave

I run TT 1.16 successfully on a Samsung NotePro 12.2" with Android 7.1.1, so it is unlikely to be a screen size issue. However, I ALWAYS remove my SD card when installing and/or updating TT to force it to use the local device storage. This avoids ALL of the pain associated with external SD access on Marshmallow and Nougat devices.
    Hi Dave,

If you're using the app on a device we haven't tested we, unfortunately, cannot guarantee that it works properly. Some changes on your device or in the app may change it's behaviour but we wouldn't know in case of an unsupported device.

As mentioned above, I'd recommend getting touch with Customer Service for a more definitive answer.

Cheers, Mikko