What I believe is needed to make TT Go Mobile for iPhone great again?

A900ssA900ss Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
What would make TomTom Go great again for me?

Driving around London yesterday confirmed that TomTom offers the best traffic and routing. I do 40k miles a year and I've tried Google Maps, Apple Maps and Waze. None are as good as Tom Tom for routing and traffic.

Likewise, speed cameras and the navigation bar so you know when they are coming up is great.

It is my 'go to' nav for most of the time but it's not perfect by any means.

The things I would like added the most are a tie up with google or bing for search as the search for businesses/POI's isn't great. If I'm navigating to a business in a town, I'll normally use google
Maps rather than search in Google for the postcode and then copy and paste it into TT. The current list of POI's just isn't good enough and I also don't really want to have to select between address and POI when I'm entering the details into TT, it should be able to work it out.

The 'find along route' is awful. Just compare against google maps again. You can search for ANYTHING not just a small, pre-determined selection and it tells you the increased ETA for going there. Please look at google and just steal their concept.

Multiple stops - please add.

Again, stealing from Google and you are nearly there, alternative routes. Please don't make me go into a sub-menu once you display the main route to show alternative routes. Be like google, show three routes from the first page with one as the recommended but if a route is shorter mileage and only a little bit longer, let us select it from page one rather than the current faff.

My summary is that you do have the best traffic and routing but only if it's a known place. Google spanks your user input at the moment and I guess google will only get better.

Please make changes that your customers are asking for or else we will end up going to Google (and others) with something like Cyclops app for speed cameras to support it when subscriptions are due.

Comments

• A900ssA900ss Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    PS - I've been using TT since the early 00's when I first used the 'Navigator' software. I've had various PDA's since then, the original Smartphone App and now the Go Smartphone app so I am very pro-TomTom.

In the early days, you had no competition really and even when the competition came you were heads and shoulders better than them however that gap is now shrinking and shrinking fast.
  • Alster53Alster53 Posts: 24 [Master Explorer]
    Can only add that I completely agree. I'm a service engineer covering about 30K miles a year and have tried several sat navs/apps but find tomtom go the best for traffic- especially road closures, routes and has clear easy to follow maps. As above i do use gmaps to find businesses and then use it for a while but allways end up back with tomtom. Have also used co pilot which i found pretty good with many more features but traffic wasn't as good as tomtom. So tomtom please get things sorted quickly before the others start to overtake you!!!!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback!

I'll log these to be reported to the product team. Meanwhile, please see here what the team is working on and what they've already done since release :D

Cheers, Mikko