New SPARK 3 no connection!

Patrick Amsterdam
Patrick Amsterdam Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello all, dear tomtom,

I just bought a sparkling new spark 3 but its no fun at all. The thing doesnt connect to my laptop. I double checked all the things such as cables, connectors, software, reinstalling, computer settings but NOTHING is working. Moreover, I even tried this at different laptops (Mac and Windows!). Thing is really irritating me now as you can imagine. Especially since the watch also seems to have the music option...really really enjoying that (not!)

I also tried the 10 steps which in other topics have been recommended, no action.

@tomtom: what can it be? Do you have any clue?

Call me.

Patrick

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    I assume you have administrator rights on all the machines you are trying it on and downloaded the Connect software? Are you getting any error messages or is the computer even seeing the watch got plugged in? If not, it is likely a bad docking cable as the computer will recognize it when plugged in, even if the Connect software does not.

TomTom is not going to call you. This s a user forum and Customer Support does not monitor it. At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum and can go through all of your computer settings to determine where the issue is. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.