Multisport watch hates water — TomTom Community

Multisport watch hates water

MaggymckMaggymck Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I bought a multi sport watch and all was great till 5 months later when I did laps while on vacation last year. Watch stopped working. Upon my return to Canada, I sent it back and about six weeks later received a replacement.
All was well till Dec. when again I did laps and watched buttons no longer would toggle.
I was advised to return watch (I paid for shipping) and they sent me another one that I have just received.
Went for a run and worked fine. Next morning I see watch has no juice in battery. Fully charged it and went for run. Next morning, watch was dead.
I am not impressed and will gladly tell any potential buyer of my problems.
My question is, why did I not receive a new replacement but obviously have been sent refurbished ones? Twice?
Loved it/hate it.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,574
    Superusers
    Right or wrong, most companies send refurbished units out as replacements. You turned in a used unit, you get a used one back, I guess. I would call Customer Support and push them for a Spark model, which does not seem to have the waterproofing problems the MultiSports had (they are since discontinued). It is a far superior watch so even if you have to pay a bit towards it, it would be worth it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MaggymckMaggymck Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I'm fine with a refurbished replacement if it had worked. Just disappointed that 2nd watch also died immediately after doing laps. Also kicking my ass as I didn't google the problems this model had with water or I would never have used it again for swimming. ( i loved it for biking and swimming)
    I just finished an approx 6 km run. My splits were recorded as 2 minutes 6 minutes 4 minutes etc. I run around 6 minutes a km so wish these were my times. Even had me running on water. ( close to Easter but I'm not God) So my 3rd replacement lasted less than a week.
    I'll call customer service as you suggested and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0