TomTom Runner has died — TomTom Community

TomTom Runner has died

kendonagasakikendonagasaki Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited September 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
My TomTom Runner will not come on. I have done a factory reset but this has not helped. I bought it from Sport Direct online - I guess I should just return it as faulty, unless anyone has any suggestions?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,848
    Superusers
    My TomTom Runner will not come on. I have done a factory reset but this has not helped. I bought it from Sport Direct online - I guess I should just return it as faulty, unless anyone has any suggestions?

How old is the unit? What do you mean it will not come on? Is the screen completely blank? Do you get any response when plugging it into a computer? It could be that the battery is dead and the dock is faulty so it is not charging. At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • BakiBaki Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My Tomtom Runner GPS watch (model: 8RS00) has blank screen suddenly and get warmed last week. It continue to show blank screen in charger unit and PC. I wait to get cool down and try to charge it and soft and hard reset, but it is same "blank screen". It seems it is fully dead. This device sent me 4 months ago as a replacement since it has communication problem with heart monitor.
    I need help.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,848
    Superusers
    At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0