Cant connect to the internet - error shown on multiple phones! — TomTom Community

Cant connect to the internet - error shown on multiple phones!

LvLelevenLvLeleven Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 24 in TomTom VIO
Absoloutley fuming at this today, i needed the Vio for a long journey but it seems Tomtom have f***ked up the app.

Tried it on a few of my mates phones with no luck either.

Get us an eta as to when it will be fixed.

Comments

• Danilos2kDanilos2k Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    same mistake and not even know it was essential the internet connection ... and if I have to use all foreign?I will sell it asap
  • phillip.smith120phillip.smith120 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i have the same problem, downloaded onto my other phone and does the same...states can not connect to the internet.this must be a fault with the app..
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this!

Please, follow the steps below to sort this out:
    • Uninstall the app
    • Log out of the Playstore.
    • Delete Android / data / com.tomtom.gplay.scooter and Android / OBB / com.tomtom.gplay.scooter.
    • Change the phone language to English.
    • Open the Playstore, log in and reinstall.
    • Once complete if the app loads please change the language back to default.

Should this not help you sort this out, please contact Customer Service. They'll be able to get to the bottom of this and assist you accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko
    thank you Mikkok,

just to clarify how the application works, does the app need a Internet connection? I would use it in a foreign country without an internet connection

thank you
  • LvLelevenLvLeleven Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mikkok the method you have posted is a massive waste of time. The issue must have been app/serverside as it is miraculously working again this morning without following those steps.

Even if following those steps is useful, it still shows there is an issue with the app itself.

The fact it had the same issue on 3 phones (of which one was an iphone) shows it was on Tomtoms side.

Please give the app an offline mode if the server cannot be reached then we will still be able to use our products when the issue happens again.
  • aarfeldtaarfeldt Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Internet connection is not mandatory.
    You will loose traffic information, though.
    Hi all,

I believe the connectivity issue you were experiencing was related to the issue others with the GO Mobile app have also reported over the weekend. We're not seeing any new reports so I assume the issue to be resolved.

If you're still experiencing this, please contact Customer Service for further assistance. They'll be able to get to the bottom of it and assist you accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko
    aarfeldt wrote:

Unfortunately is mandatory, try to open the app in airplane mode and you will see an Error :-(
  • aarfeldtaarfeldt Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Danilos2k wrote:
    aarfeldt wrote:

Unfortunately is mandatory, try to open the app in airplane mode and you will see an Error :-(

Airplane mode (normally) shuts down bluetooth mode, and then it will not work.
    Mine works fine with wifi and mobile data disabled.
    Hi all,

We have identified and fixed the issue causing problems with connecting to our servers with the apps and you can now continue using it normally :D

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and thank you for your patience!

Cheers, Mikko