New Navigation for iPhone/iPad v1.27 available for download — TomTom Community

New Navigation for iPhone/iPad v1.27 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new v1.27 of the Navigation app for iPhone/iPad and it's available for download in the Apple AppStore.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
  • Rapid changes in TomTom and Apple technologies mean that we cannot continue offering updates to this app indefinitely. For this reason, we will not be supporting this app from September onward.
    More information will follow in our next update. Until this time, you will receive map and software updates and we hope that you will continue to enjoy using the iPhone Navigation app.
  • Latest, updated TomTom Maps (v985): Because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom App update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• SwampsnakeSwampsnake Posts: 34 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Does that mean traffic subscriptions will no longer work? Mine is valid until March 2018
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Swampsnake,

No worries :D This doesn't affect the functionality of the app or your ability to use the services you've purchased for it.

The end of support here just means end of software and map updates for the app. After it comes to effect you also can't renew your TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras services any more.

Cheers, Mikko
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 317 [Supreme Pioneer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    The end of support here just means end of software and map updates for the app. After it comes to effect you also can't renew your TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras services any more.

So the obvious question is when will TomTom GO Mobile be a viable replacement for the old iOS app? Please don't say that GO Mobile is a good replacement because it is currently missing so many essential functions and has been missing those functions ever since it was released - over a year ago! :(
    Regards,
  • swampsnake19swampsnake19 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    MikkoK wrote:

So the obvious question is when will TomTom GO Mobile be a viable replacement for the old iOS app? Please don't say that GO Mobile is a good replacement because it is missing so many essential functions.

Regards,

I always had issues when renewing the subscription and always ending up creating new accounts and running out of email address, so just before the prices went up after xmas I bit the bullet and stacked 18 months worth of traffic subscriptions at the old price of 1.49. This worked fine and I now have a subscription until March 2018. This still might work if you want to risk it, but now I see it's 1.99 a month.

I expect to get into a bun fight in September when traffic stops working, but then again it hasn't worked for me since the app updated so the bun fight may start early!
  • George473George473 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My traffic is no longer working since the 1.27 iPhone app. I see others posting the same thing. Will a fix be released?
  • Garth123Garth123 Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Same here since Friday afternoon
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

For those of you having trouble connecting to TomTom Traffic since v1.27 update, please see my comments here. I'll post back in that topic when I have news about this issue.

Cheers, Mikko
  • TerrySohamTerrySoham Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I note that TomTom state that they are working "hard" to resolve the loss of traffic functionality in v1.27. How can it take so long to deal with this problem - wouldn't it be simpler to give you the option of reloading v1.26 from the iPad App Store?. Incidentally what arrangements will TomTom be making to add the lost days to my traffic subscription?
  • Jack the ladJack the lad Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I no longer have the prevision version 1.26 of TomTom Australia (for the App) so can't go back. I assume TomTom will refund the purchase price of the traffic subscription or do we need to take them to the ACCC?

Like everyone else who has posted, I wont be using Go.

At least as a parting gift to the loyal users of the old app, they could leave us with a functioning version for the next 6 months.
  • EspenEspen Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Great.. I guess you will return my money, it is under two months since I paid for a 3 years unlimited upgrades :(
  • danielmerlindanielmerlin Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    bonjour j ai du desinstaller tomtom go de mon iphone 7 du a un bug et depuis je nez peux plus l i,nstaller