QuickGPSfix not being synced from Android app

middrunner
middrunner Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
When I sync my Runner 2 with the Android Sports app (3.0.1 build 502) the QuickGPS data is not being synced. Activities are synced fine but there is never any indication of even attempting to sync the QuickGPS data in the app and my watch shows that the QuickGPS data is out of date.

If I view my devices in the app there is no QuickGPS information. It reports Last Synced as "Just now". Has QuickGPS syncing been removed from the app?

The watch and the app are both fully up to date and QuickGPS data can be synced on a PC. As the data is only valid for 3 days I'd prefer not to have to sync via a PC every time.

Phone is Nexus 5x on Android 7.1.1.
Watch: 1.3.255

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,953
     Superuser
    Try these steps that I read on another forum post (requires a one-time connection to the PC):

1) Connect to MySports Connect, hit the gear icon to go into settings, then press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    2) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    3) Hit the Turn Off button, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    4) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and quick fix should now update as usual.

This supposedly fixes it so it will now update on the app. Give it a try and see if it helps. Otherwise your next step is call Customer Support. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,315
    Community Manager
    Sorry, the fix using TomTom Sports Connect is not working yet. It is coming with the next release of Sports Connect. We are hoping to release version 3.2.5 next week. It's best to wait for that since all Customer Support can do at this point is replace the watch.

Once 3.2.5 has been released, follow tfarabaugh's steps for the power-off reset. I could fix an issue with QuickGPSfix on one of my watches yesterday so it works.
  • middrunner
    Master Traveler
    Thanks all. Now I know I'll have to connect to a PC periodically for a while I will do that.

Look forward to the fix rolling out! :)
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    middrunner wrote:
    Thanks all. Now I know I'll have to connect to a PC periodically for a while I will do that.

Do you mean you get QuickGPSfix updated when you connect to the computer?
  • middrunner
    Master Traveler
    Jürgen wrote:
    middrunner wrote:

Do you mean you get QuickGPSfix updated when you connect to the computer?

Yes, it updates OK via PC sync, just not via app.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    middrunner wrote:
    Jürgen wrote:
    Yes, it updates OK via PC sync, just not via app.
    Then the power-down reset will not fix anything. Version 5 of the mobile app has improvements to the QuickGPSfix sync. It was too late to include them in version 4.
  • middrunner
    Master Traveler
    Hi,

I have version 5 of the app and I am still having problems syncing QuickGPS to my watch with the app. Via a PC works perfectly.

I never see any mention of the QuickGPS being synced when I pair my watch with my phone. The syncing of activities also works perfectly via the phone. Any ideas?

Thanks