Multiple maps on the same device

Jorge TulioJorge Tulio Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 21 in Map installation
Using several maps at a time. How does it work?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,186 Superusers
    Depends upon the model device. The normal way for those models with enough internal and or sd storage is for the device to have an icon like Manage maps-->select map and the user does so.

Obviously, there are some limitations such that, for example, a user in the UK can't select the USA_Canada map -- if also installed -- and, once that map is active, expect to be able to plan a route from point A to point B in the USA or Canada while still in Europe.
  • Jorge TulioJorge Tulio Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OK.

My case is much simpler. I have a map of Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg) and a map of Germany. I would like to travel from a town in Luxemburg drive to a town in Germany to a destination there.

The actual situation is:

-I need to find the town in Luxemburg at the border to Germany and drive to there
    -Once in Germany change the map and add a new destination in Germany.

I do not think that being able to drive from Luxemburg to Germany without having to shift maps is an unreasonable request. Any other navigation system (Google maps for instance) can easily do it.

Regards,

Jorge Tulio
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    Start and destination must be on the same map. TomTom can't navigate between several maps ... and never could it in his history.
  • Jorge TulioJorge Tulio Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OK. Now I understand. It's a pity that the maps do not have the same extension as the portable devices (all Europe in one map)

Jorge Tulio
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    It's a pity that the maps do not have the same extension as the portable devices (all Europe in one map)
    :?:?:?

a381e3ba-b044-49c6-8547-77f93ea8baba.jpg