Voice coaching and Spotify — TomTom Community

Voice coaching and Spotify

mcaran1979mcaran1979 Posts: 39 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I have a Bose Soundsport Wireless headphone. I can use or the voice coach from the TomTom Adventurer or Spotify but never together like on my Garmin FR 235. How to solve this?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,575
    Superusers
    There are 2 issues here. Voice coaching is only available in specific training modes, not in general across the watch. You will get the following prompts:

General prompts:
    Watch ready, Demo mode, Bluetooth not working when swimming.

Training Partner prompts:
    Zone: in zone, above zone, below zone.
    Goal: at 50%, 90% 100% and 110% of goal.
    Race: ahead, behind, lost, won.

So unless you are in Zone, Goal or Race you will not get any prompts. In lap mode it will buzz to inform you of a completed lap and show the lap time on the watch but there are no audio prompts for it.

Spotify will not work on the watch, even in offline mode, as the tracks are DRM protected and require the use of the Spotify app, which does not exist for the watch. On the Garmin you are just using the watch to control the music on your phone but there is no interaction between the TT and your phone, you can only control the music loaded on to the watch itself.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • mcaran1979mcaran1979 Posts: 39 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I'm well aware of the information you just shared with me. I hink you did not understood my question so I will try again.

I want my headphone to be connected (at the same time) as well with my TomTom Adventurer as well with my iPhone where I have Spotify.

The scenario is as follows. I'm listening to my Spotify on the iPhone. I reached the Zone. The TomTom takes the headphone over and says i'm in the zone. After that Spotify continues streaming music.
    Superusers
    This can't be done currently. BT+ (the protocol the headphones use to communicate with devices) is a one-to-one relationship as currently deployed unless the device has multi-point (which your headphones might). However, this generally requires you to actively switch connections by pausing one and the other will start. The watch's voice coaching will not automatically interrupt the audio stream from the phone, which has taken precedence and control. You would need to know when the next voice coaching was coming so you could pause the phone in order to allow the watch to then take over the connection, which is not really feasible.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
    I'm regretting more and more the day I switched from garmin to tomtom. Not even close when it comes to functionalities to garmin. Spent 450 euro on a product that's maybe 200 worth.
    Superusers
    Where did you pay 450 euros on it, it is only 299 from TomTom? If this is a vital feature for you and you are within your return period you may want to look at other devices that offer this option now. I would not count on it coming, you need to make your decision based on the features that are currently offered, and not what may come in the future. Go into it with the assumption that what is in the box is all there is and it will never be updated, to save setting yourself up with false expectations.
    I bought the Adventurer for sports and outdoor activities and the touch hr for daily use and sleeptracking.
  • Dennis DoetinchemDennis Doetinchem Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is there a change to get in my TT headphone, tempo and heartrate while running?
    Superusers
    Is there a change to get in my TT headphone, tempo and heartrate while running?

No, see the first comment above. There is no indication this is going to change.