Pairing Spark 3 with iPhone Sports App/Already have TomTom Runner Cardio

KimberlyD
KimberlyD Registered Users Posts: 17
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi,

I have a new Spark 3 I'm trying to pair with the new TomTom "Sports" app on my iPhone 7. I already have a TomTom Runner Cardio which I want to remain paired with the app, just in case I ever need to use it. However, I cannot for the life of me find any options remotely resembling "pair a new device" within the Sports app. When I click on the "Manage" tab within the app I can see my Runner Cardio listed at the top, but the only option after clicking on that is "Forget device" (which I don't want to do). When I toggle down to the "Phone" option on the Spark 3, it tells me to download the app (already done), by pressing right on the button it leads me to a screen where it looks like it's attempting to pair, but nothing happens when I open the Sports App. The watch came with no instruction booklet (?!), Google search is yielding nothing, and I am getting pretty frustrated. Can anyone please tell me if it's possible to have both watches paired with the mobile app, and if not, how I can at least get the Spark to pair?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    You can't have two devices paired to the app at one time. You need to repair each time you switch watches unfortunately. My understanding is this is an Apple limitation, but I am not sure. in any case, it is what it is. In the app go to Manage and follow the steps to add a new device, which will require forgetting the old one. If you will only use the old watch occasionally it is not that big a deal to pair it again. If you will use tow watches regularly it is easier to have he primary one paired with the phone and the other can sync through a computer.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • KimberlyD
    KimberlyD Registered Users Posts: 17
    Outstanding Explorer
    Thank you tfarabaugh, I had to first "forget the device" (my Runner Cardio) within the Sports mobile app in order for it to give me the option to pair a new device. I don't think it's an Apple limitation as I have friends with multiple Garmin watches that can be paired simultaneously. It's inconvenient but I really only wanted to use my old watch as a back up anyway, which I can still do...uploading will just be more of a hassle. Thanks!
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    As I said, that is what I read but apparently that is not the case if other apps can have multiple devices paired. Not sure what the issue is for TT but it really is not that huge a deal as most people only use one device regularly,.