TomTom Go Mobile app & Old Navigation app — TomTom Community

TomTom Go Mobile app & Old Navigation app

Grant McCulloughGrant McCullough Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
I recently got a new phone and the Tom Tom app (New Zealand, Australia, Western Europe, USA and Canada) has upgraded to tomtom GO. But I would like to use the old version which I spent alto of money on and would not like to spend more money on something I have already purchased.

Best Answer

Answers

• WeerternaarWeerternaar Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here. Want to use the old app on iphone but cant download it anymore only the new tomtom go version. Please give sollution to download the normal tomtom app and not the go app. (Tomtom europa - netherlands app store)
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,149 Superusers
    Support numbers:

New Zealand
    0800 450 973
    Monday-Friday: 09:00-17:30 NZST

Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1007
    Maandag t/m vrijdag van 9.00 tot 18.00
  • WeerternaarWeerternaar Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id355680531?mt=8

Already found something.

Tomtom please just make it visible again in the appstore.
  • jamesnimmo90jamesnimmo90 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom have provided links to the previous versions of the apps which can still be accessed and redownloaded. It will display the price within the app store, but it will re-jig itself and remember you've already purchased it and flag a message saying "you have already purchased this app, you can download the update for free". Once you download and open the old app, it will tell you about the new TomTom Go app and it will give you 3 years free subscription to the new app. I've literally just done this and am all set and ready to go. Ok, so after 3 years it will still be a pain to have to pay for something that you've already purchased, but you can always go back to the original app you paid for?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi James,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for outlining the re-installation flow! :D

The GO Mobile app is a completely new app and uses a different pricing model. Unlike with the old app, all available maps - and updates for them - are included in the app - also without a subscription. The Unlimited Navigation subscription allows you to use the app with TomTom Services (TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras) without limitations. As you've already noticed, and taken advantage of, we offer a 3 year subscription for GO Mobile for users of the old app :D

The old app is still supported with (map) updates for the time-being and you can use both, if you like. We will notify our customers if there is a change to this. For more information, please see the links below.

How do I upgrade to Unlimited Navigation on the TomTom GO Mobile app?

GO Mobile app for iPhone and the old Navigation app

How many free kilometres can I use with the TomTom GO Mobile app?

Reinstalling the Navigation app for iPhone

Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app?

Please, post back here if you have further questions :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • giorgio10giorgio10 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I bought few year ago the old tomtom app from the app store (I believe the price was $50), I rarely used the app and I ended up deleting it. Due to changing job I wanted to download the app again and use the traffic update that was built in the app. I've learned that the app doesn't exist anymore and it has been replace by a new version. I've download the new version, signed in and discovered that if I want to actually use the app I've to pay (the free 49 km is a joke)??? I don't mind pay for good apps but I've already payed for this app and now need to pay again?? What can support do to assist?
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online12

Bobpissed
Bobpissed
DougLap
DougLap
helen99sat_nav
helen99sat_nav
Hexenrider
Hexenrider
John-Jay