Why does the Android Go App have so many more features than the iOS app? — TomTom Community

Why does the Android Go App have so many more features than the iOS app?

A900ssA900ss Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
My iPhone was playing up recently so I've been using an android for a few days. What a difference?

Add a stop is back.
Avoid part of route is back.
Route Via is back.
Avoid blocked road is back.
(And probably many more options as well)

Why do you offer this for the Android Go but not the iOS Go?

I guess we both pay the same price.....

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi A900ss,

Welcome to the Community!

GO Mobile was released to Android 2 years ago after it was first piloted in Italy for a while. For iPhone it was released a year ago. Although the app has the same name and looks pretty much the same on Android and iPhone, this is a result of a lot of work. Getting things to work the same way in different software environments (OSs) is not a trivial matter but takes a lot of effort. We've already brought many frequently requested features to GO Mobile for iPhone and more are coming :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 317 [Supreme Pioneer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Getting things to work the same way in different software environments (OSs) is not a trivial matter but takes a lot of effort.
    Nobody is disputing that. However TomTom is a major player in the SatNav game and a year should have been more than enough!
    MikkoK wrote:
    We've already brought many frequently requested features to GO Mobile for iPhone and more are coming
    But not enough features to make GO Mobile a worthy successor to the iOS app. Progress is one thing but GO Mobile doesn't have anything near enough features that the old iOS app has.

If GO Mobile isn't better than the old app by September 2017 then TomTom will lose the last if its faithful customers.