Bandit Camera- Connection to a helmet mic via bluetooth — TomTom Community

Bandit Camera- Connection to a helmet mic via bluetooth

mizzicmizzic Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
I was wondering, would it not be possible to connect the bandit to a helmet mic via bluetooth? I do have a Schuberth with a SRC system which is a Cardo communication system. Thanks

Comments

• ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi mizzic, the TomTom Bandit doesn't support Bluetooth Microphones.
  • AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 277 [Supreme Navigator]
    Chris wrote:

... on the other hand, connecting the TT Bandit to a bluetooth receiver using the 3.5mm jack in the end of the special external microphone cable and then connect that receiver to the bluetooth headset could do the trick ...? Never tried it but might do it shortly since I finally got a motorcycle to ride on again ... :-)

Ride safe,
    Anders
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Master Traveler]
    Chris wrote:

... on the other hand, connecting the TT Bandit to a bluetooth receiver using the 3.5mm jack in the end of the special external microphone cable and then connect that receiver to the bluetooth headset could do the trick ...? Never tried it but might do it shortly since I finally got a motorcycle to ride on again ... :-)

Ride safe,
    Anders

That could be a great idea if riding alone. I cannot see any reason why it would not work
  • JP_RAVENJP_RAVEN Posts: 15 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Anders, when you say "Bluetooth Receiver", do you have any particular product in mind? Can you give some example makes/models or even links for products that you think might work? Obviously at my own risk! ;-)
    JP_RAVEN wrote:
    Hi Anders, when you say "Bluetooth Receiver", do you have any particular product in mind? Can you give some example makes/models or even links for products that you think might work? Obviously at my own risk! ;-)

Hi, for high quality BT communication I have been very happy with the Sanwa 400-BTAD001, try to search eBay or other sources. It is not the cheapest product out there, there are many Chinese look-a-likes ... that might be just as good. It actually looks very much like the Avantree Saturn-Pro ...
    http://www.avantree.com/product-bluetooth-transmitter-and-receiver-avantree-saturn-pro.html

Please keep us posted.

Ride safe!
    Anders
    JP_RAVEN wrote:
    Obviously at my own risk! ;-)

Saw this on eBay, might be something?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282104136899?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true

Could be a bargain? :D

Regards,
    Anders
  • Leslie StroobantLeslie Stroobant Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I hate to be the guy to bring old threads back from the depths of the forum, but has this ever been tried/solved?
  • JP_RAVENJP_RAVEN Posts: 15 [Master Traveler]
    Not to my knowledge... In the end, I just gave up. Made a few movies using the camera, but superimposed some music over them, so the audio isn't that relevant. Sadly I've found that TomTom are just like all the other mega companies. They want your money, but won't tackle issues like theses, in fact it seems they don't even bother monitoring these forums and responding adequately to customer complaints.

The Bandit is a great product, just don't expect much support!