Map Update on Go Mobile App — TomTom Community

Map Update on Go Mobile App

HerbaldewHerbaldew Posts: 26 [Apprentice Traveler]
Will GO Mobile notify me if *ANY * map on my device has an update available or just the currently selected map?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• HerbaldewHerbaldew Posts: 26 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Map updates are released simultaneously for all the available maps.

Doesn't look that way to me ... my USA Canada is version 980 and my USA Northeast is version 985. I use the USA Canada on my phone but due to limited space my wife uses USA Northeast. Her phone notified of the update a couple weeks ago is why I knew that the USA Northeast map was updated and the USA Canada was not. I currently have both on my phone and am using the USA Northeast, thus my question was to ascertain whether I would be notified when the USA Canada was updated when it wasn't the currently loaded map.
    MikkoK wrote:
    The app will notify you for each of the maps you've installed.

This answers my question - Thanks.
    MikkoK wrote:
    please see here [user manual].

I had already read this - it does not address my question.
  • HerbaldewHerbaldew Posts: 26 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    The app will notify you for each of the maps you've installed.
    Herbaldew wrote:
    This answers my question - Thanks.

Thanked to soon - that answered my question but with an incorrect answer. I was NOT notified that my USA Canada map had an available upgrade until I loaded it.

So for clarity for others who may have this question - you are NOT notified of available updates for any of the maps you have on your device, your are ONLY notified if there is an update for the CURRENTLY selected map.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online58

caluroso
caluroso
dhn
dhn
DougLap
DougLap
Fifi 500
Fifi 500
Hexenrider
Hexenrider