Postcode and number give wrong house number

arichardarichard Posts: 319 [Supreme Navigator]
edited October 2018 in Archived Discussions
I have just added my daughter's new address to "My Places" on my satnav. I typed the post code and then the house number 78. My 6100 crossed out 78 and highlighted 75. When I corrected this the numbers went red and it would not accept 78. I thought that would be OK - after all it had got the right road and almost the right place - so I allowed 75. When I backed it all up on MyDrive I checked and the number has been changed again to 54.

Can anyone explain what is going on?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Richard,

Sounds like you've spotted an error in our maps and that particular house number is missing. I moved you topic to the Map Quality board where map issues are discussed.

You can report this directly to our map team with the MapShare Reporter. You'll also get an ID number for your report and can follow it's progress. We can also check for more information about your report for you, should it be required.

Cheers, Mikko
  • arichardarichard Posts: 319 [Supreme Navigator]
    I accepted the 75 offered so why did MD alter it again to 54? Does it not use the same database?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Richard,

MyDrive indeed uses a different map than the devices. I've just updated the FAQ I linked to above about this. You can also report errors in the MyDrive map with the MapShare Reporter.

Cheers, Mikko
  • arichardarichard Posts: 319 [Supreme Navigator]
    Thankyou Mikkok
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online33

checkm50
checkm50
+32 Guests